Nuts & studs or bolts, diameter and pitch?

the wheels are usually held on with magic...

why ask? if you are planning to change the wheels you will see what holds them on.

there are studs in the hub and the wheels are held on with wheel nuts.

the PCD (bolt hole alignment) of the wheels are 4X100

the nuts are on a 14mm thread at a 1.25 pitch

the nuts are 21mm which is the same size as the tool that you should have in the back of the car for undoing them.

wheel rims above 15 inches in diameter can start to scuff the inner wheel arches.

the wheels are usually held on with magic...

See my response below.

why ask? if you are planning to change the wheels you will see what holds them on.

Are you suggesting that i should start the job before knowing what i may need, or having bought the correct parts before hand? See my response below.

there are studs in the hub and the wheels are held on with wheel nuts.

Thanks, thats one of the useful peices of information I needed.

the PCD (bolt hole alignment) of the wheels are 4X100

Already knew that, thats why I didn't ask it.

the nuts are on a 14mm thread at a 1.25 pitch

Thanks, thats the other peice of information i wanted

the nuts are 21mm which is the same size as the tool that you should have in the back of the car for undoing them.

Ok, so perhaps I didn't make it clear I wanted the thread size, but i think the context I asked in regarding the pitch could have made that obvious. See below.

wheel rims above 15 inches in diameter can start to scuff the inner wheel arches.

Not something I asked in this thread, but could be useful in the future. Thanks. Although I'm pretty sure where it scuffs has got more to do with the offset of the wheels and the tyre size, that it has them being 15" diameter.

Bold used to show my response.

So why is the sarcasm needed? It just makes you come accross like you might be a complete ####.

I'm doing a bit of research so that when I do get round to changing the wheels, I have already got the equipment i need and know what i'm doing. Yes there are a number of ways i could find out this information, but I thought the easiest way was to ask people who will know the answers.

When my new wheels get here, i'll be able to identify what mounting seat they have, and thus what nuts i need, these might be nissan factory nuts suitable for alloy wheels, i might need to source them elsewhere. But at least I will know what thread diameter and pitch to order.

Thanks for the help you did give. Although I'm now wondering if I really want to be a member of this forum.

Calm down fella,

Your question was a bit vague to begin with.

NeX gave you the answers you required. He's only have a little laugh with that comment, play nice :D we are a good bunch here! I can guarantee NeX did not mean to offend you in anyway!

The question was a bit stupid, if you wanna know what holds it together take it apart, if you have problems putting it back together then ask.

Oh yeah if you are getting alloys you need new nuts with a 60degree taper cos the steel nuts eat through alloys.

Bold used to show my response.

So why is the sarcasm needed? It just makes you come accross like you might be a complete ####.

I'm doing a bit of research so that when I do get round to changing the wheels, I have already got the equipment i need and know what i'm doing. Yes there are a number of ways i could find out this information, but I thought the easiest way was to ask people who will know the answers.

When my new wheels get here, i'll be able to identify what mounting seat they have, and thus what nuts i need, these might be nissan factory nuts suitable for alloy wheels, i might need to source them elsewhere. But at least I will know what thread diameter and pitch to order.

Thanks for the help you did give. Although I'm now wondering if I really want to be a member of this forum.

ok sorry mate i didn't mean any offence, just making a joke.

i just thought that you would see what held the wheels on every time you got in the car but then i suppose if you have steel wheels with hub caps then you might not see the nuts.

true you should always start a job with a bit of research and the right tools but changing wheels isn't as demanding as say changing an engine.

when i got my first alloys i got them from halfords and they ordered the right ones for my car, and gave me the right bolts too, i already had a tool for removing the nuts that came with the car so it was fool proof really.

if you are ordering alloys then don't forget to get the offset right, i don't know what this is but i am sure it is on this site. also you WILL need alloy wheel nuts, the nissan ones won't work properly and will damage the alloy.

also if anyone tells you you need a spigot ring to aid fitment then this is not true, so don't pay extra for it.

also make sure that your wheels don't have added spacers. my Team Dynamics are spaced and don't fit on the studs properly, but Matt H does longer studs but they are about £5 a stud! thats £80 for all the wheels! so my wheels still arn't on properly, but they have been ok.

anyway sorry if i caused any offence, the people on this site are nice enough and they have helped me alot and i recommend this site to anyone with a micra.

btw if you are buying the alloys from a shop etc (not second hand) then they should be able to offer you the right nuts too. i have found that most rim and tyre packages come with the right nuts, some even come with locking nuts too.

Back