not micra but need some serious help quick :?

Hey
My girlfriend drives a 2001 307 1.4 and there is a massive crack in two of the branches of the exhaust manifold seen one for a 1.6 but not 100% it will fit it looks right as far as i can see can anyone help ??
her's
408672_4527779229407_1326340547_n.jpg

eBay listing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180970533...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_500wt_1414

It will bolt to the head. As all TU engines are the same on the exhaust side as far as i know..

Where it bolts to the cat is where you might have a problem!

I wouldnt be able to get hers off to compare the measurements as the bolts will more than likely all snap ( i gave one a try earlier and umm it might not have a head now :confused: its not blowing from there and its still held on) and then i would have to drill out all the studs which is a waste of time to put a broken one back on :/ i dunno weather just to take a punt on it then when its off if its wrong I suppose i could get it braised if the other one is wrong :/ and sell it

Is there not a scrap yard near you that you can have a look in.. This a a very common engine in Citrion's/Peugeot', petty much used in every model for the last 20 years..

Nightmare! My brothers 206 done this in which i welded pretty well but when refitting it was a mission to get on (i blamed it on my welding) so we ended up buying a 2nd hand manifold which had to be totally forced on, Its like the manifold shrinks hence the cracking

KFW engine code? as stated before im sure they mount to the cat different, and there are some without the lambda hole where yours is. may Should have one in work with me, but wouldnt be able to send it till monday,

If you have one in work hoopdub how much would i be looking ?? I've gummed it for now and its quieted it down I would rather have one i know fits than one on a off chance umm the lambda sensor is under the cat barely an inch below the bowl at the bottom of the cat if that makes sense

Is there not a scrap yard near you that you can have a look in.. This a a very common engine in Citrion's/Peugeot', petty much used in every model for the last 20 years..
all the scrappy's around me are shut plus don't remember seeing any with petrol engines the otherday when i was there

you need a manifold from a 2001>2003 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6 8v engine. they have cat's in the manifold and the top half has a diffrent flange to the down pipe due to the cat.

2001 saxos, 206 and 106's have the same manifolds.

That looks like a pretty poor design, you've got the weight of the cat and the front half of the exhaust hanging from a horizontal bit of cast iron :eek:.

Ye , poope french, we sell a load in work, very common fault. Will msg u in the morning mike if we have one and how much

If you now anyone with a good stick welder and some pure nickel rods you could try grooving out the cracks and welding it up.

Ye , poope french, we sell a load in work, very common fault. Will msg u in the morning mike if we have one and how much
that would be great :)
If you now anyone with a good stick welder and some pure nickel rods you could try grooving out the cracks and welding it up.
I don't actually know anyone with a stick welder I don't think we did talk about braising it at work but none of us fancied getting them bolts out at the time and it wasn't that bad I didn't know how bad it was till i went to put the gum in a realised that the crack was 3/4's of the way around. we only use MIG and gas at work

Back