not impressed

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
i had my micra for a while now! but only every drove it resonably sensibly (with a parent it the car) i had the day off work so i thought i would take the car up a long ass road near where i live! i did a 0-60 time.( well i did a 0-20,40,60 time)

it was all lukin pretty good till i got to bout 45-50

0-20 - 4secs
0-40 - 8secs
0-60 - 19secs

it took 11secs to go from 40-60 i was told that the micra was nippy but i was quite dishartend with this performance!!!!

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
it shouldnt take 11 secs from 40-60 even if you changed to 5th gear when you hit 40. big problem there mate! 1.0L-1.3L?

what are stock micra 0-60 times, recon around 11/12secs myself. completley stock!

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
15" alloys with low profile tyres! i did have a cone air filter on it till about 20mins ago! it shakes lick made i think thats a big problem!
also i didnt have the ecu pluged in!

whats the best air filter to get?
i want to get a exhaust maifold an system, what should i get, i want the best i can get for the least money.

all the aussies say high flow when it comes to exhaust what does that mean?

if i put a good air filter, exhaust system, (take the seats back out, in for the mot) what sort of times should i be getting??

i really want a 1.3 engine but nobody has one for sale, ive been to countless breakers yards etc!

cheers for this.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
to give you an idea on what the 1.0 can do i got mine down to about 8.8 seconds to 60 on a g-meter. that was with stripping down weight and a few exhaust mods and air filter setup.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
a good estimate would be 70bhp.
that was with a custom induction with cone filter at front bumper. performance exhaust system/decat/manifold. and quite a lot of interior removed.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
the only thing capacity becomes a negative for is weight as it spoils quite a few areas. but the 1.3 is same weight as the 1.0. but the 1.3 trasmission weighs quite a bit more than the pre 98 1.0 kit.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
"also i didnt have the ecu pluged in"

how did people not notice this?

just for your info, the car would not have even started without the ecu plugged in

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
"also i didnt have the ecu pluged in"

"how did people not notice this?"

"just for your info, the car would not have even started without the ecu plugged in"

micra pete, there was what to me looked like a percil tablet with metal legs pluged it to it!

my dad said it was a resistor???!!!!???

ive sorted out my induction for now, i will take a pic to c what u people think.

when i get paid i going to get a janspeed decat pipe, and a janspeed centre pipe. is that any good? will it add to the perfomance, then nxt month im going to get a manifold, not sure what tpe just yet!! any suggestions??

cheers guy

CMF_danarthurton

» CMF Member
it all about the 1.3 ive just got a k and n and an cat back powerflow exhaust and all the wadding removed from the carpets and i did a 8.5 0-60 that was with the standard wheels on, which i must say helps for speed so much compared to my gay 15's

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
my 15"s look mint tho!!! at the moment my cars all go no show, i just bin o the phone to mathew humphries the micra rally dealer, hes bin telling me about the exhausts etc.

if i get a janspeed decat, and centre pipe (already got the back box) will that give me a bit mor power??? then i will invest in the manifold!!!

am i on the right track for the exhaust system???

oh yeah has any one ever put a cone air filter on to the side of the air box??? i did it today, but with out timing i dnt know if its made any difference???

thanks

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i think you should type more full length english words before getting more information :) there's rules you know.
but definately sort out the whole exhaust system including manifold.

Back