Noooooo

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
:down::down::down::down::down::down:

Sumone has just run into my car! the little fiesta driving ****!! exhhaust took most of the force! its ****ed duno bout the rest of the damage nothing major i dont hink but im sooooo pissed of!

I pukked in and the guy got out and said no damage done i said its moved my exhaust it should be okay but it will knock so he goes okay then so its cool and as i was loooking at the car he drove off! grr

Unlucky mate thats a real arse. he probably wanted to head off as quick as he could cos he probably didnt have insurance..

After someone hit my car and it appeared to be fine, i later realised it wasnt. After some work on it, the damage is still visible today. In future i'l always get there details no matter how it looks.

Ring your insurance now and say you were involved in an accident with the said registration number, time date etc,.. and say that he left the scene of an accident.
Your a fool for letting him drive off without taking any details....

well if it's not your fault then you do have a right to say he drove off from the scene of an accident don't you?

Phone the police and inform them! Then you have a crime number to give the insurance company.

Its not your fault he drove away... At least you got his plate :-D

Yeah ring police, then get a crime number off em, then ring your insurance..
I cant belive you let someone drive off... jeese

RE: RE: Noooooo

kristian said:

Dusk said:

he probably didnt exactly have much choice unless he was to physically restrain im, which aint worth the hassle trust me

police first mate, then insurance, he can be done for leavin the sene of an accident

Tommo, when the incident occours, you inform the other person that if he doesnt comply, you will ring the police...
They wouldnt go anywhere if that was the case... and if they did, then you have MORE to go on...

speakin from experience mate

had it done to meself so im in the know

ring police, give them reg. no. and witness name address phone number etc theyll get onto tracking the car, owner etc they can then get on with prosecuting in needs be. hopefully they'll be a bit quicker than stafford police who took 2 months

you then ring ins. who then process claim. over a ridiculous amount of months like mine did lol

Keep it clean please there is NO reason to overly critise somone when you wernt at the place at the same time etc..

RE: RE: RE: Noooooo

kristian said:

Dusk said:

u two shouldn't be sayin that...... wot if the guy was violent? not only that but wot he supposed to do if he just jumps in his car and is off? stand in front to stop him?!?:suspect:

You just say to him, in a calm and collect mannor, that if he leaves the scene of the accident then you will have to ring the police.. And if he does anything which you then feel you may be in danger about, you ring the police and say "Hello, there has been a car accident, and there are people on the scene who may be violent and or leave the scene of the accident"

I hardly think calling someone a fool is the deepest of insults..

Its the law. You do not leave the scene of an accident. If somebody does then no way is it the other persons fault!

If the person that left the scene did not know this - tough ****, he soon will when the police knock on his door.

I really really hope the car is registered to the driver that caused the accident!

Calling someone a fool after an accident is terrible, I cant imagine he is in the best of moods right now.

yeah i think he did commit a crime by leaving unless it was agreed that all was well. also your allowed to leave without discussion aslong as you tell the police within 24 hours.

RE: RE: Noooooo

Dusk said:
You just say to him, in a calm and collect mannor,

The dude just drove into you, your not going to chill out and talk like the guy's done you a favour!! Even if you approach the situation in a calm manner, your still bound to be a bit fired up and cheesed off.

glad u hot his reg details and a witness's details :)

well iv had the car up on the ramps today and its bent the front pipe so iv replaced that and its fixed to a degree. it justs need 1 new bolt. its not every day someone hits you, so im not used to dealing with the situation! im gona ring the police and get it sorted iv been talking to mi parents and im gona get it sorted.

lol that looks bad well iv discused it with parents and i carnt be arssed with all the hassel the cars fixed and is okay. i might be selling the exhaust and making my own in a few weeks anyway ;) its reallly not worth going to insurance companies ploice. ill loose my no claims whilst they sort it and im just about to renew.

Some of you may know that I (formerly turbo1.3) had my modified green k11 gx, run into and written off by a lad on a motorbike only a few weeks ago and the lad tried to run away!.. I had to catch him and restrain him till the police arrived.. (Hence the big 'super s' hunt that im on)

Few POINTERS you need to know about the scene of an accident. OTHER than the obvious. ( injuries, fire, medical assistance, immediate danger, resuming traffic flow.)

...and leaving your car on live motorway IS immediate danger!

I deal with this on a regular basis with the line of work that im in. Several times a week.

\\\\\>

At the scene of an accident ( providing they dont drive off straight away ) you should try to get details of the person INCLUDING a description of what they look like and description of the car.

NOT just reg, make, model and color, but any defineing features, stickers, modifications, damage etc ...

I needs to be enough to be able to pick the car from a line up of ten of the same make and model and color car.

////>

If the person looks, acts, smells, under the influence of drugs or alcohol

RING THE POLICE

////>

If the person acts suspiciously, or you are not happy with name, or details given etc, or general situation

RING THE POLICE

( take into account that they were in an accident, not just you. They may be upset, shaken, confused injured etc )

////>

Depending on the severity of an accident. ( at you disgretion )
Its best to move cars off the road to rusume traffic flow. If the emergency services have to attend they will be delayed due to congestion.

/////>

If you are going to ring the police, think twice before telling other parties that you are. This can make people angry. On the same note however, Some aggressive people will STFU and turn into the politest person in the world.

/////>

If sombody makes to leave and your not happy with anything. Tell them ( if you can ) that you will ring the police, and if they do.

RING THE POLICE

//////> DO NOT BE AFRAID TO RING THE POLICE!

You will NOT get prosecuted if you ring them, they attend, and are unneeded.

They will give you advice down the phone and will quickly resolve the situation.

////////>

It might sound a bit like advice from a driving instructer ( nothing wrong with it, but a lot goes out of window when you pass your test )

Its GOOD to have a disposable camera in your car. It records scene and covers most of my earlier pointers at once. Take several pictures, more than 5, of all relevant vehicles.

...kristian

( a mod may want to move this post if they feel its good/bad advice )

that sux. the last time anyone hit me they were speeding round a roundabout, saw me, spun off and hit me with their back end then drove back the wrong way down the road they came down. i love people...
theres sod all you can do about people driving off so dont give him too hard a time. id like to see any of you physically restrain a car or the arse driving it

Back