Noo! My car...bloody friday 13th

O

Oboema

Had to brake hard this morning, for, u'll never guess....a black cat. :|
Now i'm not superstitious, but...friday the 13th + a black cat?? :S

Anyway, i hit the curb with my left front wheel quite hard, n took out my left suspension...:(
Does anyone have any idea, tips, clues, etc on how to go about this? I Just towed the her home, n the wheel has come back quite a bit. I'll put up a pic later on. I'm thinking a whole new (read scrappy) left suspention, arm, etc.
Is that very hard to do? ANY Help is greatly appreciated....

people have been telling me al day to go out n look for a new car. Not only do i not have the money for a new car, i can't live without my Micra! :( Just had her fully serviced, would be such a shame to get rid of her now...
edit:
hers a pic:
PICT3341.JPG

I know how you feel, I crashed my K 10 3 months ago, but before you buy any parts check the inner wings and chassis for any damage, because that will more than likely write your car off. :doh:

It should be pretty cheap to sort out, you probably just need a wishbone and bushes, take the wheel off and take some pics. A new wishbone and bushes is about £25 here in the UK (If I remember correctly) So you may be better off getting a new one, at least you will know it's straight!!

Its only a write off if you do it through the insurance, i hit the curb and bent my rear axle. It was more economical to go down the scrappies and buy a complete rear axle and links. When you have had a better looks at the damage Look in the yellow pages at scrappies local to you and get some quotes, this is good too http://google.find-a-part.com/ .It won't be too hard to fix. :D

edit: just noticed your in The Netherlands, so the yellow pages and find a part.com won't be much help

Hm...it starting to look worse. Looks like i also hit the gearbox with the curb.....It was one of those curbs in the middel of the road.
Here's some more pics:

PICT3342.jpg

PICT3343.jpg

PICT3345.JPG

Wishbone is pretty bent, but note the nice little puddle.....

Looks like its trans. fluid. I took a pic from under the car looking up, but couldn't reach it properly. I wonder whats wrong with the gearbox....or whats left of it. :(
Tried to get it in gear, n all the shifters work, but it doesn't actually go into gear. Just rev's n rattles. No resistance or whatever tho. *confused*
Atleast this day can't get any worse....I hope. :)

i'd say it looks like you've bent the wishbone. When i brought a brand new one for mine it was about £100.

The gearbox oil is prob from the driveshaft coming out of the box slightly. Could prob get away with just pushing it back it rather than taking it out & replacing the clips etc.

you can see where youve bent the wishbone, shame about the g box though, prob fix for under £100 from scrappys though

Dean said:
i'd say it looks like you've bent the wishbone. When i brought a brand new one for mine it was about £100.

The gearbox is prob from the driveshaft coming out of the box slightly. Could prob get away with just pushing it back it rather than taking it out & replacing the clips etc.

Hm, hopefully....that would be good. Getting a new or refurbished box would prob be 2 expensive, cuz ill have to get someone to put it in. Never done that, and seems to me that that would be a big job.....
The wishbone i will manage, if that really is the only thing. I don't think the schokabsorber is bent....anyway to check?

And if it is ok, can it stay on when replacing the wishbone, or does it all have to come off?

Thanks for advice all....much appreciated.

tbh Oboema i would take it all off, just as it allows you to assess any more damage...

new wish bone, poss new shocker... box should be ok.. you'll find out soon enough...

Yup, that looks like the one. But it's only avail. in the UK. Would be cheaper to try n find one here (holland) i think. but cheers mate, thnx for looking. :)

Im try and find a new one, like you said AMY. Better off getting one im sure thats good. Really hope the gbox is ok tho. How does the shaft connect to the box? Just slide in? It would be bolted on in some way no?

All you need to do is push the shaft back in to the box, the inner CV joint may need re assembling it looks a bit out and a wishbone. The rest looks ok to me. the steering rods look straight. Infact just put the wishbone on and make sure the shaft is snug against the gearbox and I think you will be away. Make sure you get the tracking done though oh yeah and top up the gearoil.

sorry about your car mate,,but nevr swervor brake hard for cat/dog,miite sound daft but you could have killed someone to save a stupid animal

please dont say their want anyone there to be hurt cos you obv didnt have time to check around you

I done the same, except i went too fast over a wet roundabout. Only bent the wishbone though in my case.

Attachments

• wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 183
i agree with rik i rather run over the dumb thing than swerve outta the way *cough* it wasnt my fault last time i ran over a cat...(it jumped behind my rear wheels so i couldnt do nothing...the pigeon was a different story lol)

i damaged my k10 exactly the smae way one mate replacing the wishbone fixed it the trans fluid maybe leaking due to the drive shaft not sitting fully home so check that. how fast were you going to do that? i mean i hit a kerb at about 50 to do that to mine! lol bent the rear axle too 2 sets of tires later i got that fix too :p

cheaper and easier... to just run over the cat...

i doubt its like they even knew you crashed your car to save it... fuking cats should be on leads!!

Hehe...thanx for the advice all. much appreciated. Ima pick up a new wishbone this week, ill let you know how it goes.
As for the cat: i won't brake for one next time, trust me. :)

Actually, I wasn't really thinking of saving the cat when i braked.....it was more like a reflex. Hope the reflex will be different from now on. ;)

Back