Some scrote "broke into" my Micra on Friday night!!!

Evening all.

Got up Saturday morning, to take my Micra to the garage for a rear wheel brake cylinder to be replaced..... As I got to my car, I noticed a set of keys on my passenger seat. I thought I was seeing things. I unlocked the car and nope, there was a set of keys there for sure. I also noticed the handbrake was off and the crook lock was pulled forward so they definitely tried to take the car. But all they got away with was my change pot from the glove box and a quid out of the "ashtray". Strangely they left my USB stick which they removed from the stereo and left the satnav.

The car luckily had no damage at all. I have no idea how they got in. The parcel shelf was removed and there were dirt marks on the rear seat. Not sure if this was the point of entry, but it seems the only possibility, unless they removed it to rifle through the boot to see if anything was worth nicking.

Any ideas of how they got in?

Although there was no damage I still feel totally gutted. I have no also ordered a heavy duty wheel clamp.

Thanks in advance.

It's possible they may have forced the boot and climbed through as there is quite a big gap

Not sure what you can do, my brother has had his car broken into twice - once they smashed both front windows and took little to nothing, just some coins and a set of basic phone headphones, smashed a car next to it and stole a debit card which they then used at mcdonalds and got themselves caught, and the second time it was broken into they cut and peeled the metal near the drivers side lock in order to open it but once they got inside they couldn't start the car, that time seemed to be an attempt to go for a joy ride as the car was left in a state where you could see into the glovebox and boot (learning from the first time) and this happened within 90 minutes while he was playing football

It's possible they may have forced the boot and climbed through as there is quite a big gap

Not sure what you can do, my brother has had his car broken into twice - once they smashed both front windows and took little to nothing, just some coins and a set of basic phone headphones, smashed a car next to it and stole a debit card which they then used at mcdonalds and got themselves caught, and the second time it was broken into they cut and peeled the metal near the drivers side lock in order to open it but once they got inside they couldn't start the car, that time seemed to be an attempt to go for a joy ride as the car was left in a state where you could see into the glovebox and boot (learning from the first time) and this happened within 90 minutes while he was playing football
Thanks for your reply. I have had the locks all checked and no damage. My mechanic said it's possible the boot wasn't fully closed, or the door was very unusually left unlocked. As said I was very lucky, but gutted at the same time.

It's worse for your brother as they seem to have caused a fair amount of damage. I hope in the end the damage was able to be repaired.

Wasn't sure if there was some sort of "trick" they could use.

Thanks again.

As well as the victims I also feel sorry for the pathetic apology for a human being who is so bereft of ideas to progress their way forward, to consider breaking into a 20 year old banger in order to steal a few pennies parking meter change & bits of bric-a-brak, as a productive valuable rewarding use of their sad life?

The sad personification product of a broken education system in the Tories political choice decade long austerity led broken Britain.

Last edited:
As well as the victims I also feel sorry for the pathetic apology for a human being who is so bereft of ideas to progress their way forward, to consider breaking into a 20 year old banger in order to steal a few pennies parking meter change & bits of bric-a-brak, as a productive valuable rewarding use of their sad life?

The sad personification product of a broken education system in the Tories political choice decade long austerity led broken Britain.

I get your point, but I would never class my Micra as a "banger" lol.

This isn't about cars, I was watching it the other night strangely enough

A lot of things we take for granted as being locked and secure don't seem to put up too much resistance to thieves, really I guess your best defence is cameras to identify the people so they can be caught, and trying to park somewhere well-lit and off-putting for someone to want to stand around to get in it at any time of the day or night - not always possible though, I know where I live now there's pretty much nowhere that is safe to leave anything, where I used to live had fences and a single entrance/exit which would make it a bit more sketchy for someone to get in and out with stolen goods, it was also next to a firestation, so always people about

A lot of things we take for granted as being locked and secure don't seem to put up too much resistance to thieves, really I guess your best defence is cameras to identify the people so they can be caught, and trying to park somewhere well-lit and off-putting for someone to want to stand around to get in it at any time of the day or night - not always possible though, I know where I live now there's pretty much nowhere that is safe to leave anything, where I used to live had fences and a single entrance/exit which would make it a bit more sketchy for someone to get in and out with stolen goods, it was also next to a firestation, so always people about

One of these would keep the scrotes at bay?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+armoured+car&safe=strict&client=firefox-b-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=J4DBVuCkWold-M%3A%2C-WpBahKm-g1RqM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQeEZXzJ3D72c6JecvA3jSAyH2SAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid9ZnJ2-znAhXLbsAKHROnDsQQ9QEwCXoECAoQFg#imgrc=J4DBVuCkWold-M:

The anti Scrote Full Monty!

Yep. I thought where it was would be very safe as it is in direct line of sight to the local police station.

Got my Wheel clamp now. Nice visual deterrent.

Evening all.

Got up Saturday morning, to take my Micra to the garage for a rear wheel brake cylinder to be replaced..... As I got to my car, I noticed a set of keys on my passenger seat. I thought I was seeing things. I unlocked the car and nope, there was a set of keys there for sure. I also noticed the handbrake was off and the crook lock was pulled forward so they definitely tried to take the car. But all they got away with was my change pot from the glove box and a quid out of the "ashtray". Strangely they left my USB stick which they removed from the stereo and left the satnav.

The car luckily had no damage at all. I have no idea how they got in. The parcel shelf was removed and there were dirt marks on the rear seat. Not sure if this was the point of entry, but it seems the only possibility, unless they removed it to rifle through the boot to see if anything was worth nicking.

Any ideas of how they got in?

Although there was no damage I still feel totally gutted. I have no also ordered a heavy duty wheel clamp.

Thanks in advance.

Had the same with ours few years back .... wrenched all locks including steering, sprayed all the inside windows with black paint and the bloody roof lining, drove to the Shell, filled up and ran! Ended up in a reclaim yard and had to pay £150 just to let it out the yard.

Mind you, although financially not a happy ending, the Police (bless em) caught one of those concerned and he went to court! Don't know the outcome but hopefully it was on someones record.

Car was restored and bought back to shape but you do have to wander at the mentality.

Had the same with ours few years back .... wrenched all locks including steering, sprayed all the inside windows with black paint and the bloody roof lining, drove to the Shell, filled up and ran! Ended up in a reclaim yard and had to pay £150 just to let it out the yard.

Mind you, although financially not a happy ending, the Police (bless em) caught one of those concerned and he went to court! Don't know the outcome but hopefully it was on someones record.

Car was restored and bought back to shape but you do have to wander at the mentality.

Wow!!! What a bunch of cretins... I am really lucky, still can't bring myself to parking the car where it used to be. But I am sure in time I will feel less anxious.