Non PAS Steering advice

tinribs

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,
I find the steering heavy on my micra, I adjusted the tyre pressure this morning and it didnt make much difference.

Maybe they are normally quite heavy? although I wouldnt have expected them to be this heavy.

The symptoms I have are:
feels like there is loads of play when wiggling the steering wheel although I can see the wheels moving slightly.

The steerin is ok once moving but when you turn a coner or bend without slowing down too much it gets heavy. - I've never experienced anything quite like it.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

could be the steering rack needs replacing these are normally very light to steer even without pas, there not hard to change and will be about 40 quid from breakers

maybe your tracking is out, i had the oposite problem where if i went round a corner sometimes without slowing down the wheel would get light and not return to the centre, it was the tracking...

but also you could install PAS ;) its very easy and i have done it on my car :D makes it a real pleasure to drive :D

would be nice to fit a super s rack in it, power sterring seems too much like hard work!

maybe i should fit the suspension, change the rack and then get the tracking done

would be nice to fit a super s rack in it, power sterring seems too much like hard work!

maybe i should fit the suspension, change the rack and then get the tracking done

a super s rack has a tighter gear, that will make it even harder,

pas is soo easy, bolt on the pump to your engine, and bolt on the rack then the rest is just plubing

How much does PAS cost?

I have some play in the steering but not much, I find mine ok unless sometimes when parking in a tight spot, tyre pressures really make a difference though!

How much does PAS cost?

I have some play in the steering but not much, I find mine ok unless sometimes when parking in a tight spot, tyre pressures really make a difference though!

i paid £75 at my local scrappy and they took all the bits off and i just bolted them to my car :D

cool, cheers for that.

I wish the Micra scrapyard near Rainham would be open when I went there soon :(

Yes I know you can go to other scrappys [and I do] BUT the idea of a whole scrapyard full of Micras, to me, is ace for a dig around! :)

Back