no power steering to power steering

K

kelsingh

hi guys...

i just want to ask if it is possible to get power steering on my micra 1998, because at the moment it has no power steering and is very annoying.

Would it be possible to upgrade it? What parts would I need?

Thanks in advance.

Kel

ok never mind...the search button is actually quite useful!! :glance:

all i can say is you wimp. go down to the gym and build your muscle up. and my personal opion is that power steering is bad takes away the feel of what the front wheels are doing.

welly said:
all i can say is you wimp. go down to the gym and build your muscle up. and my personal opion is that power steering is bad takes away the feel of what the front wheels are doing.

hahahahaha, im not sure if its possible, I found that when i changed the steering wheel for my sports one the steering got lighter in it... maybe its all in the head thought...

welly said:

i agree, i hate it!

a guy on here did it to his k11.....took 3hours i think and cost him next to nothin.

he has a red K11, black bumpers, single wiper blade i think

some pas systems are worth it, the speed sensitive ones: less input from them at different speeds. the one in the 160 only feels like its on when parking.

if you change it you'll need the rack, pump, well everything really.

the k11 iirc should already have all the holes in the chasis so its a case of take from one car and fit to another. i think.

yeah every thing will just slot on, wont be easy though with all the piping. My power steering has a cooling pipe up front, is it the same on the pre facelifts? If so where does the plug go, ecu or relay?

This might sound silly.. but what are the tyres like on the front? Mine felt like trying to park a tank, but getting good new tyres transformed it.

Back