No power steering and alloys

Hi. Not been on forum for ages but wondering if anyone can help.

I have a T reg micra 1.0l that I have had 3 years and it only has 42k genuine miles and just passed another mot today so cant bring myself to sell it as its so reliable. When I bought it all tyres were bald so I got a set of used SR alloy wheels with tyres for it so never really driven it with the standard steel wheels.

I was wondering if it will be a bit lighter on steering with the steel wheels as it is a non power steering model. If so I am gonna either get a swap or sell them and get new tyres on the old steel ones.

Do you think its worth it or it wont be that much different? Not sure I want to buy new tyres if its gonna be similar etc.

Cheers

Simon.

Wouldn't think there's much difference, I'd just put narrower tyres on and increase the tyre pressure a bit. That would be sorted in my world.

I may have to do just that. I wish I had got one with power steering now but this came up and the price was right and milage etc. I do have to keep putting more air in the fronts to make it lighter but still hard work lol.

Tyres are cheaper on the steel wheels so may just do that and sell the alloys.

If you want to take all my power steering rubbish off,with the column, then put your non power steering stuff on mine, you can have it!!!

I would not have the patience to do it. I have lived with it 3 years now and I keep saying when its packed in I will get power steering again but its gonna last for years since they are so reliable.

Nah, cant get rid of her just for that, good old girl.

I know exactly how you feel. Mine runs sweet and starts first time any weather. Even still has original exhaust on her.

Probably still sell the sr alloys and put steelies back on just for cheaper tyres.

Its a case of man up mate. Back in the old days no one had powersteering. Been in some old motors where you have to hang off the steering to park but once you are moving its fine.

I found once my top mounts on my k10 had it the steering got very stiff but nothing serious.

Yeah your right. Its the wife that complains more than me but only uses it odd time.

Just banged loads of air in em and its nice and light now.

Back