No lights. Nothing that comes under' Battery' in fuse box

CMF_wendy watkins

» CMF Member
Help, Please!!

In trying to help a friend with her Nissan, my husband accidentally touched something live with a spanner, which caused a bid puff of smoke from a connector near the battery & now she has no lights. In fact everything that is listed under the section headed BATTERY in the fuse box is no longer functioning. Is there some overall fusible link that needs replacing somewhere or some other explanation.

(He found the source of her original problem & solved it - a previous owner had fitted a kill switch & not passed on the info, she'd accidentally knocked it on not knowing of it's existence - she's had it 2 years!)

She did have a problem with the dash not lighting up prior to his helpful intervention, so maybe it's a coincidence?????

Many thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
He's blown the battery fuse.

I think it was roughly 75AMP.. So it not a small one. I'd have a look in my engine bay and tell you what its called but if we have different series k11 it'll make no sense to you.

CMF_wendy watkins

» CMF Member
Hi thanks Yorn,
With the aid of a manual borrowed from the library we found the fusible link responsible. (As you say , the battery fuse I guess.)

It was from the black "connector" to another "connector", close to the battery. They weren't connectors at all. The leads between them were the fusible link & must have melted inside the rubber.

We couldn't get them from a dealer, a 3 week wait on orders, so we got this link from a scrap yard where the guy looked at a picture of the item in the book & went & cut one off! Now it's fine. Perhaps that's a good thing to know anyway. If you have no lights, indicators etc & the fuses are fine, then look for the fusible link.....

Back