No joy finding a 1.4 K11 SE...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
No luck at all... looking at some websites and for the life of me cannot understand the pricing! I brought a K11 SE (auto) once.. 2001 plate... 1.0 for 3k mint condition... I brought that in 2002!

We are now in the year 2007 and the 1.0 SE (auto) is selling for 4k+
Is this because it is less popular? Or something else?

To be honest.. all I want is SE styling with a 1.4 engine... let me have a hunt and give MPH a shout... he said he could get a 1.4 engine last time... its for my sis... hmmm...

^see now thats a good deal...

Did I mention my 51 plate only had 13k on the clock

I've been browsing auto trader.. and 1.0 (S) R-X regs are going for under 2.5k but the mileage is 50-90k on most... Personally I prefer the facelift so I want 2001 onwards... the lights look better as well... so does the bumper when it has fogs in place of the mouldings.

Yeh cheers will keep looking..

Never thought it would be this hard... tempted to buy a manual and do an engine/gearbox conversion...

This would be ideal but price is just wrong for mileage and condition (I went and checked it out, interior has cigarette burns and chocolate stains):

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200715279696691

cars are also a LOT cheaper and better value for money up north. i travelled all the way to preston to get mine. worth a thought!

I've kinda noticed that... its strange... R reg polo 38k miles (S) £900 up North.. and £1200 South.. 300 difference easy... ridiculous...

Any places you have in mind? Glasgow? thanks will prob visit with me dad...

I went to Leceister... 51 plate 1.4 Twister Auto with fogs and alloys.. black for 4.5k! Documents said 20k mileage... was driving it and 54k came up!!! then the service light came on too!!! walked away.. what a waste of time... does anyone know of any Micra yards or car yards with Micras? Pref. down near London... where you can get a cat c or d damaged one?? repairing is cheaper IMHO! e.g. 1k micra and 1k repairs... where as trader or dealer sells it for 4k+ retail price etc.

whereabouts in leicester was that?! jus wondering as thast where im from... thats really weird what happened, and by service light you mean the orange engine light? not good very queer :S

yep engine light... it was a chap at leicester Uni. private sale. I came to hear about it via a mate at the Uni. I felt 4.5k was too much.. thats a dealer price.. so told him to be realistic and would have brought it if I felt it hadnt been clocked.. sorry I dont have his details anymore but if you want I think there is a similar 1.4SE on auto trader... with 14" alloys bt no fogs.

Still hunting the 1.4... desperate for a second car... so much that I might not wait around and might just get something else. Hmmmphhh

dont you just hate over-optimistic private sellers?

1.4SE 3dr auto... 2002/51... 3185 right? No... 60k on the clock and 3600 ono... refused to haggle so walked away... dont think hes going to have any joy selling it. Should be 2885! and the auxilary belts looked knackered!

that with 60k on clock and no service history i wouldnt have paid more then 2500 (maybe the autos are much more expensive though?) i dont know. walking away was best tho

edit:
infact wouldnt have even paid that

Back