No headlights - stalk contacts?

i read a very old thread on a similar problem with a K10. http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/intermittent-light.7684/

My headlights have been playing up and now theyve given up the ghost completely. Bulbs, fuses, connections seem ok - no melting or corrosion.

Previously when i fiddled with the stalk they would come on which led me to the old thread mentioned above and bending the contacts. However, the description of the white plastic plate etc doesnt seem to feature in K11 or am I looking at wrong thing?

How likely is it that both headlights pack in at once? The main beam doesnt work either but the flash does

Grateful for advice

Each headlight is separately fused and wired, most likely it is the dim/sip selector of the stalk as the full beams will flash provided that the key has been turned in the ignition.

I would say you need a new switch.

Craig

SOLVED :D

I removed the cowling around the steering wheel and removed the stalk. Opened it up and found residue inside which was obviously interfering with the contacts. Cleaned with alcohol (drank the rest :p) and hey presto, working headlights........................

Back