Nissan Rear Park System

Hi, my 1st post here and had my Micra SVE (55) for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying driving it.

I would like someone to explain how the Rear Park System works. There doesn't seem to be any consistancy with the 'bleeping'. Sometimes when i put it in reverse and theres nothing behind the car, there's a constant bleeping (a constant tone which indicates there's something behind). When i start to reverse, it sometimes still has this constant tone but changes to a bleeping which doesn't have any logical pattern! But when there is something behind or slightly to the side, it does bleep faster! It's difficult to explain but basically, i can't see a logical constant pattern in this bleeping. The car manual doesn't explain it at all. I need someone to explain in detail what i should be listen out for in whatever circumstances!

Thank you.

isnt the bleeping different for each sensor?give them a clean on the back get someone to sit in the car and test with the car in reverse im sure its a diff noise for each sensor?

Back