Nissan Nuvu Concept

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Odd but kinda cool in a odd way.
Images of Nissan’s new Nuvu Concept have been revealed a day out from its debut at the Paris Motor Show, revealing a friendly-looking design that previews the styling for the Japanese carmaker’s next-generation minicar. Nissan has confirmed that the Nuvu will enter production in the middle of the next decade, and hinted that its electric-drivetrain technology will appear in more models in the near future.

Nuvu, short for ‘New View,’ is described as a compact city car aimed at urban dwellers. It features 2+1 seating and is powered by an electric drivetrain. Built on a unique platform, it is just 3m long and sits on a wheelbase measuring 1,980mm in length. The Nuvu is also 1,700mm tall and 1,550mm wide.

The car’s compact electric motor drives the front wheels directly as there is no transmission, and with its lithium-ion battery pack is capable of driving up to 125km on a single charge. Top speed is limited at 120km/h.

Nissan is planning to present its first production-ready electric vehicle at next year’s Tokyo Motor Show, before selling it in Japan and North America the following year. Whilst the Nuvu is not a preview of that car, it does share some of the technology that will feature in the planned production vehicle.

Other features contained in the Nuvu are an all-glass roof, solar panels, and organic and recycled materials

Attachments

• 39908.jpg
    39908.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41

CMF_Micra Man

» CMF Member
All that glass. Be so cool in summer.2 hours at the shopping centre carpark in middle of summer I reckon you could scrape it off the bitumen.Ever driven a Toyota Yaris? That much slope on the windscreen you get sunburn from the neck down.Run A/C full bore whole time to keep car cool.If it ever becomes a reality and pulls up beside me I reckon I could not control the reflux motion.A good liquid laugh over it would probably drown it anyway.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I love this detail:

<A HREF="http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/05/nissan-nuvu-concept-pixo-city-car-revised-note-headed-to-paris/"><I>"It takes it's green theme seriously with solar panels shaped like tree leaves on the roof that channel the sun's power through a "tree trunk" conduit in the center of the vehicle."</I></A>

lol. It's good though to see car makers thinking outside the typical hybrid/hydrogen side of things where drivers would still be locked into paying fuel companies to fill their cars rather than just plugging into a wall socket in the garage overnight.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
not much surface area tho eh, my 30w panel in the sunroof aperture will only just run the engine electrics on a mid summers day (35 mile commute).
you would need 10,s of sq/m of panels to charge a vehicle

frank

Back