Nissan Micra - Highish Fuel Consumption

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out if my Nissan Micra is too heavy on fuel. Car has 157,000km on. We changed MAP sensor last year and that helped quite a bit as it reported an error according to the mechanic. As in my signature my car averages 13L/100km. This is mostly town driving, but seems a bit high to me when I see other peoples figures. We did a 334km trip the other day, and the fuel consumption indicator on the car showed 6.0-6.5l/100km. My car is a 2007 Nissan Micra K12 1400 5spd manual. Is there anything I could check next? I saw on a forum that even a faulty thermostat can cause bad fuel consumption. I'm based in South Africa.

6-6.5l/100km sounds about right, its what we get with our 2005 CC . That's average but then we probably have less town driving. 13 does sound high but without knowing more about the style of driving to get that figure it's impossible to tell.

6-6.5l/100km sounds about right, its what we get with our 2005 CC . That's average but then we probably have less town driving. 13 does sound high but without knowing more about the style of driving to get that figure it's impossible to tell.
Thanks for the response. The 6 to 6.5 was over long distance. But since that trip, car appears to be lighter now. Onboard range also went up from 330km range as I normally got to 430km after last refill. Only other thing I did was not to overfill tank as I saw how it can damage your car. Oh I drive very slow as I'm trying to get consumption low as possible, my wife just laughs at me🤣

Quote: “I drive very slow as I'm trying to get consumption low as possible, my wife just laughs at me”

The other advantage of my driving slow with a 75/100mtr gap in front allows me to look out to spot potholes some distance in front in order that I can thread my way like **** Dastardly Wacky Races ducking & diving through to avoid potholes to minimise tyres, wheels, suspension & steering damage.

If were not so sad in broken Britain where public services no longer work, it was funny once?

Wacky Races | Hole in the Road | Boomerang (youtube

The pothole signs that put Daventry in the spotlight - BBC News

Happy days.

Last edited:
Back