Nissan Micra Help!!!

B

Breadner18

Ok just bought a car and the cooling thermostat needs to be replaced... bummer! welll i bought a new thermostat and a new Haynes Manual which didn't help! so just wondering if anyone could tell me where to find the old thermostat (i know its near the cylinder head but i don't know where that is either! and any other pointers would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers :doh:

its under the dizzy, you need a long socket to get it out. Best way of doing it is removing the battery and then moving the battery tray and fuse boxes to one side. I personally removed the dizzy as well to make more room and to change the arm as there is no harm in doing it.

Remember to put some sealer on the thread when you replace the thermostat and it's always good practice to replace the coolent at the same time as you lose a bit when you remove the thermostat. Top tip is to remove the coolent before replacing the thermostat.

Mike

thanks mate. I just drained all the coolent and replaced it... the thermostat is working great! no more cold air for me! Cheers for the help Mike

Back