Nissan Micra Hatchback 1.2 SE 5d 2004 wont start possible ECU

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my micra and i hope this the right place to get some help.
The car is 04 plate and coverd 88k miles, it wont start when i turn the keys on dash lights comes one and the heating fan aswell also the head light will come one by itself.
i tried to unplug the battery and ecu and leave it off all night but that didnt help.
I called mobile auto centre they came and plug the car to the computer and they said the ECU need replacing which it cost £150 and the ECM need repairing and it will cose another £200 !! now when i read online it sound like ECU and ECM are one thing but i am not sure.
I will appriciate any advice that can help with this issue?
Thanks alot

“Non-start K-12”

May I suggest a second opinion, AA or RAC home start at no extra cost and or with an independent automotive electronics/electrics mobile technician service in your area?
Search; https://www.yell.com/

ECU failure is not common but NATS immobiliser and can bus datacoms Renault electronics/electrics failure is well known in the public domain for the K-12.

Reference; http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k12-2003/?section=good

Item 5 dated 13-1 2011 ECU relay fault; Quote;~"13-1-2011: 2004 Micra has been recalled due to a recent 'safety concern'. Apparently, there is a possibility that an electrical contact within the ECU (on a relay) may become contaminated with silicon oxide, which could cause the engine to stall and make re-starting difficult."

Item 7 dated 3-3 2012; Quote;~"3-3-2012: Notorious fault is severe corrosion of the fusible link holder, which is situated underneath the nearside headlamp unit. Rated at 30 amps, this piece of cheap and nasty, plastic framework (costing £64.97 ) suffers from very poor design of the waterproofing housing which results in moisture build-up inside the housing."

Hope this helps with a logical way forward to assess, inspect, test and diagnose your non-start issue. Let us know how this pans out?

Last edited:
Back