NISMO K11 Kit

it's not even the full impul kit - just the front bumper - the full impul kit comes with arches as well - i'd stay clear of it - heard the build qual is crap - really thin etc.

wilsonian said:
it's not even the full impul kit - just the front bumper - the full impul kit comes with arches as well - i'd stay clear of it - heard the build qual is crap - really thin etc.

Sorry but again it's hear'say, Ricardo's survived falling off a car and mine survived getting a a knock.

Thin? how thick should it be? I planned to re-inforce mine but it never seemed to need it.
Crap quality? in what respect is it crap?

The only people I know to have the kit (kristian, dusk, ricardo, mean micra and me) all have never had reason to complain and I think they all came from same people.

If the basis for these statements is the actual purple micra people saw, that was bad workmanship on fitting etc

Mine was fine aswell, assuming it did actually come from them. It was a bit bendy and stuff but had no problems when I had it on, again its down to the quality of the people you use.

They don't have brackets and can't use existing ones due to bumper shape.

Easy enough to make some fibreglass ones, my way of mounting was to bot to cross member and worked a treat

Depends on what you class as good value for money really?

I have purchased 2 parts from them in the past, one a supra front splitter that was cut down to fit my old nova phase 1 bumper and then Neil's old impul copy bumper that I got for the 2.0 K11 who purchased it from badboys at a show.,

You get what you pay for and as none of the kits come with any brackets of any sort and the fibreglass is poorly constructed and brittle then yeah the K11 kit is pretty cheap, considering you could pay that much for a bumper alone.

You could pay x4 that much for an entire kit and it will come with mounting brackets and be of better quality. BTW the thickness of fibreglass is not what gives it strength, it's mix and how its applied. Making the fibreglass thicker will only in affect crack it more in the event of a hard impact on it. Paul at Melton Fibreglass demostrated this to me when getting the Nova bumper extended.

Kev :)

At least thats cleared up!

But ye, you get what you pay for, the whole kit at that price on eBay is cheap, but if you look at other high quality kits, bumpers alone go for the same price.

Got the front and back bumpers on mine, quality is rubbish had to fill the edges and sand down but like people have said you are getting the kit cheap. They made the sideskirts themselves and they are not from the impul kit. Front bumper just bolts on in the same place and i have put 2 a screw in the middle to hold it in place and it is fine. The back bumper made 2 brackets to hold it on as well as the normal bolts. The bumpers look quality when they are on imo!

Back