NISMO-built-Nissan-Micra

Whoever ends up owning it next, (if it sells), should restore the body back to how it was before the previous owner covered if in those gawd awful stickers.

Attachments

• 29282.jpg
    29282.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 196
I swear I would have bought it if I didnt just bought an appartment.... Gutted.

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk

that was £14000 just over 3 years ago................... thats a bargain and a half!

It was originally advertised for NZD$13800 which at the time was around £5000. It owed closer to £8000 by the time it got into the country. After Ray Gimbert piled a lot of money into it, it was initially advertised for £13k dropping down to £9995 and ended up selling closer to the original purchase price. At the end of 2010 it was advertised for sale for £7995 but didn't find a buyer. Now it's up for sale by the same guy for the £5995 you see it for now.

Judging by the advert, which contains a lot of the same wording as the previous advert and the fact that it is still on the same Dunlop slick tires it was on when Ray owned it a few years ago, I doubt it has been used much, if at all :(

i really hope someone on here buys it and takles it to some track days.... scares the crap out of some of the "honduh" guys..

As much as i'd love to own an N/A version to add to the collection, theres no way in hell i can...I know stating "believed to be" adds to the mystery but I'd want some proof of nismo originality (more than an engraving on a strut tower).

As much as i'd love to own an N/A version to add to the collection, theres no way in hell i can...I know stating "believed to be" adds to the mystery but I'd want some proof of nismo originality (more than an engraving on a strut tower).

Irrespective of any Nismo heritage, (and there is no identification other than the random number stamped into the strut tower), I doubt it will make any difference to the perceived value of the car, it's a K11 at the end of the day and it's been proven time & time again that they are not marketable.

Anyway, the story goes that 4 of these were built for a bunch of rich Japanese businessmen in the mid 90's as a ready to go race package. The engines were, at the time, Nismo N1 spec I guess and came with a lot of spares support, many of which are still with the car. This one has almost enough parts to build up another complete engine and has 13 sets of camshafts to name a few. I was not able to trace anything specific such as heritage though when I was interested in it back in 2007 I think it was......

Allegedly the reason this one originally came up for sale, was due to one of the 4 original owners selling up and since they all used to race together as a group they gradually lost interest and came up for sale over time. This one ended up in NZ but never really got used, then made it's way over here, never really got used and so on....

Being in the process of a serious N/A build, I can tell you that anything needing to be replaced on this car will have to be pretty much bespoke which is going to cause plenty of wallet pain and given that it's not road legal it limits the field to racers only. Given the current market, availability of other cars I doubt this would fit anywhere, so would perhaps be purely down to extravagance.

The above has very little credibility other than being a nice story. As people have said already, I hope it finds a good eccentric owner. It's certainly a car I wouldn't mind doing a little tag-teaming with ;)

I too would love to see this go to a good home... I know that if I had that kind of money I'd buy it in an instant, it's an incredible bargain. And it definitely wouldn't be sitting in the garage all day.

Nismo wise, i just meant i'd want to know for sure (some back story for example) not that it'd raise or lower price. :)

I do like that story though lowrider, kinda hope its true :D ...dammit you've made we wanna try and find more info now lol.

Funny thing is if you put that reg into my DVLA lookup it says its a 1.0 and its been scrapped!

I think i mite have to save up i bit more for this one. Or i could just max the credit card :eek:.
That seat doesn't look very comfy to sleep in tho. And tbh thats where i would be sleeping for the foreseeable future if the misses saw me come home with it :(

Back