NISMO arches from Matt Humphries, (pics)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
here we go, for matt..

pics of the arches that matt does, (and heres wishing mine look half as good as this..)

Attachments

• DSC01826.JPG
    DSC01826.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 704
  • DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC01858.JPG
    DSC01858.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC01859.JPG
    DSC01859.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC01860.JPG
    DSC01860.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC01861.JPG
    DSC01861.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC01863.JPG
    DSC01863.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC01864.JPG
    DSC01864.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01865.JPG
    DSC01865.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01866.JPG
    DSC01866.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC01871.JPG
    DSC01871.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 424
looks good, would like to see it completed, with the wheels sitting right. with it being matt, i'm sure he's going to use the wide track/axle set up. i presume it's another rally car?

Thanks Antony

The plan is to leave the track standard and get some 7.5J 13" rims with a small wheel spacer to try and keep the cost down. We have to get the other wide track Micra finished then we can progress with this one.

looks like youve went the same route as how i fitted mine :)

antony you'll have more probs because the other kits arent designed for the super s bumpers..which is how mph has got such a close fit.

How much filling did you have to do for yours Solarice?

@ Matt - are the ystandard steel wings + why are you doing the work in a car park??

Craig

i spent ages re-working the arch to wing surfaces, so that i could close the gap up that normally appears at the front and rear -- front more so.

A good few mm's here and there were removed to make the gap go away as much as possible without removing a load of arch, plus the sealant i was using helped by filling up any annoying little gaps...then it was just a bit of tidying up and final shaping...so not a lot really. :)

so would you recomend changing my super s bumpers for s ones?

or just proceeding to have headaches with the super S ones?

is that question aimed at me antony ?

if so, id say it totally depends how you feel about it... as even before i ordered them i had already figured they were gonna be a pain to fit (translated alot of japanese sites -- even them i didnt know what to expect).

The extra work involved became a challenge for me to get them to fit, which i kinda liked...something the whole project has been about. :)

If youre after a close fit, regardless of bumper type youre still gonna need to fiddle with them, though going with the bumpers mph has, it'll obviously be alot easier.

if that question wasnt aimed at me, well ho hum lol.. :D

How much filling did you have to do for yours Solarice?

@ Matt - are the ystandard steel wings + why are you doing the work in a car park??

Craig

Graig. 1 They are the standard steel wings with the arches moulded in. I have now had some moulds made of these wings so they could be supplied in GRP as a complete wing as well as the front and rear bumpers which would reduce the amount of filling and messing around.
2. That car park you refer to is the outside of our bodyshop which is upstairs on our second floor.

so how much would you be looking at spending to get any were close to the same look including time and cost? i bet to took some time to ge them just right specially alignment on the side panels to the side of the bumper?

Back