Nintendo Wii Injury

Micra 110

Site Supporter
A couple of days a go I was asked if I wanted a go on a Wii.
My mate had a fair few games and one of them was Boxing. It's a good game but can be a bit energetic to say the least so after playing for about 10 minutes I'd had enough. I don't know what I did but my right shoulder is giving me jip at the moment and hopefully the pain will subside with some exercises and pills but I'm amazed at the outcome for such little input.:wow:

Do these things come with warnings about RSI and if not why not?

Anyone else on here had any shoulder injuries due to playing a Wii?

Bloomin' dangerous if you ask me!

lol its probably becuase you dont exercise that offen, i found that my sholders and arm were hurting, but now im playing it all the time and going to the gym im doing much better on it and also feel alot fitter

But it might just be you, i dont know how active you are, but if all you do is walk and lift stuff (work) etc then you will feel the effects more...

well i have had a shoulder injury playing my big brothers wii but i dislocated my right shoulder the week before my driving test and well when i seem to play the wii it hurts

*puts hand up* i hurt my shoulder too from playing it but i was on it for like 2 hours of boxing and i kinnda take the #### by doing it realy fast ( and its not actualy doing anything on screen ) it got better in a few days though :D

I'm quite fit and active but I think it may have something to do with the fact that I'm punching thin air instead of a Punch bag which of course would be better. maybe i need to warm up first next time but to be honest console games make people lazy so I'd rather stick to sports that actually get you breathless....like walking up and down the stairs for 15 mins! lol!

I'm quite fit and active but I think it may have something to do with the fact that I'm punching thin air instead of a Punch bag which of course would be better. maybe i need to warm up first next time but to be honest console games make people lazy so I'd rather stick to sports that actually get you breathless....like walking up and down the stairs for 15 mins! lol!

lol bet yer stairs are creeky as hell now :D

i find that the slower you go the better the wii pick up your movement for wii sport boxing.
i too had a little shoulder ache from playing wii tennis at start but the more you do it the easier it'll get.

Back