New wheels

M

mooey65

I got myself some wheels 2 day 195/50/15
New.jpg

I think they look ok but need 195/45/15 cus its rubbing like mad.

Can it still be lower 35mm or will it rub more.

What do ya think ppl

without arch work it will always rub unfortunatly

but after u get the arches rolled it will reduce it dramaticaly though u still may get it oon big cornering :)

enjoy
looking nice

thanks m8 i think i will get it looked at i do not think it wood cost 2much would it.

Im sure its a straight forward process to do yourself, the procedure involved has been mentioned on here a few times in recent weeks! I also fitted new alloys yesterday and need to have this done.

isnt wheels rubbing on arches also to do with the offset of the wheel and not just the tyres?

i aint too clued up on this, but the more negative or positive offset u have, (dont know which is which) the more the wheel protrudes further out towards the arch, thus making contact with the arch??

smart k10 by the way

Kniksman said:
isnt wheels rubbing on arches also to do with the offset of the wheel and not just the tyres?

i aint too clued up on this, but the more negative or positive offset u have, (dont know which is which) the more the wheel protrudes further out towards the arch, thus making contact with the arch??

smart k10 by the way

Possibly, but you can guarantee it will rub with that tyre size regardless of offset!

yes u are correct. but it is the camber that is offset especially when lowered it drops the car more to the left hand side than the right (i think thats the wqay around it goes) so the wheels on the left (passenger side) are closer to the arch and scrape more

Get some 195/45 profile tyres. It should help with the problem greatly. Mine is very very low at the back with the ICE in and yet doesn't rub at all, even with two people in. This is with lowering springs, gas shocks and bump stops, but getting the 45 profile tyres would really help. :)

mooey65 said:
thanks ppl but i am looking for a set of 14" then i can lower it too.

14's may still rub depending on tyres... I've got 5 nissan 100 alloys for sale shortly, decent rubber on them... will post a seperate thread when i get the time

hey there i got some 45 profile tyres still rubs abit but got upgrade shocks for the back come for the back soon.

Back