New style rear lights?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i was just browsing and i came accross these. i havent seen them before. just thought id post them up for you all to see. it says that they are genuine nissan. has anyone else seen these? they look quite cool! they call them crystal rear lights!

Attachments

• 10624.jpg
    10624.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 29

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Sorry bizardo, japan is often referred to as "the land of the rising sun"

simply mighty, theyre not from a taiwanese supermarch cos the supermarch rear lights are led like the one in this photo.

i think they would be around about 350 landed.

Attachments

• 10647.jpg
    10647.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 27

cisco

» CMF Member
The lights at the top of this page are the Japanese JDM 1998/1999 model factory rear lights on the first HK11 models before they went to the full blown bubble rear lights in 2000. I like them.

Yes they are nissan factory, just only available in those 2 years. The newer bubble lights are like what Gareth, 2, and my white micra have.

cisco

» CMF Member
My lights were from some manufacturer in Taiwan sent over to me as a sample! I asked for more, but he had run out and wouldn't make any more unless I ordered like a 100 pairs (never going to happen heh).

I know WALD and I think ASPECT also make identical designs in Japan. But more expensive of course and you have to track them down.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
They're tail lights, minimally different to the standard. Why would anybody want to cough up $500 odd bucks for tail lights (when they already have tail lights installed) is beyond comprehension, just so the dickhead following you can see that you have minimally different tail lights...not that he would even bloody know anyway. Yeah I'm going to cop some slack for saying this, but if you don't like the micra's look, why not just buy a different car?

signed... "Wouldn't change a thing" :) I luv my mic

cisco

» CMF Member
*sigh* micragirl.

Its pride, and attention to detail on something that's someone's personal hobby.

Why would you buy a new hair band or pair of sunglasses? Why not just buy a new head?

cisco

» CMF Member
I also reckon that in the case of the 2000+ model rear bubble lights, they bring the appearance of the k11 forward by about 5+ years. Micras look almost brand new if they have rear bubble lights and front crystal lights as long as the paint is in good condition.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I guess when I become dissatisfied with my head Cisco, I will look into changing it, but til then.. hey.. I don't look too bad at all lol...I can appreciate that people want the updated, newish look, guess not everyone was lucky enough like me to get their mic brand new. My sister just bought a new Mazda, she's not impressed, she was trying to get the same elated feeling that I have about my car, I think it comes but once in a lifetime. Ten years after buying the car, I am not bored with the look of it or driving it. I still wouldn't change a thing, I see how much trouble you guys have trying to modify and make things fit....I must be getting past it

Back