New shoes!

H

Herr_spl1ff

Finally got my ebay alloys fitted, only had them in the cellar most of the year! So impressed with the look of them & the beefy stance from the wider tyres & slight arch overlap.

Question is, what are they from?? :)

Bought them from ebay from a guy who had them on a classic car. Suspect they are '70s or early '80s. They have 'LEGA' and 'Made in Britain' cast into the insides.

I thought they were from an old beetle, my friend thought a Renault Gordini but I can't find the pic of the beetle & they're not Gordini wheels...

Any help appreciated!

22-New Shoes crop 1.JPG

18-New Shoes crop 2.JPG

24-New Shoes.JPG

Send the pictures to me, cant open the url..
Nikolaidevik(@)hotmail.com
Reome this: () afraid of spam

They look fantastic, very cool, they realy suit the K10's boxy shape. But they are definatly not off a Renualt Gordini (3 stud) Or a beetle (completely wrong pcd or 5 stud). I've posted a pic of your car on Retro-Rides.com there usually pretty good on wheels.

Look very nice they do. Just be careful with the arches though, hard to tell from the pictures but if they stick out beyond the arches they are actually illegal just incase the police get funny. Look great though, suit the k10 very nicely. :)

Nice wheels, i have seen some like thtbefore I think, maybe on a Ford Granada or something, yes, I think that is right actually...
What size are they?

Herr_spl1ff,
did the tyres hit the front fender arch when bumpy cornering.. since the tyre seems out from the fender..

Cheers for all the comments :)

They clear the front arches fine but rub the mudguards on the back as the mudguards are bolted to the inside of the arch! Working on it with a big hammer a little at a time!

They passed MOT fine last week though I had the same fear about the overlap. I believe you're allowed a bit of leeway.

Matt, cheers for the retro rides bit, thought about them over the weekend :)

Oh and they're 13 x 5.5 inch with 185/60 tyres.

Plans for the mo are just to tidy everything up. Need to sort my brakes, service and some rust out before I start spending on anything. Also got a black dash so probably tart the interior up as it's a bit cheaper!

Back