New Project

Glen

Club Member
Right I am wanting to start a project micra but i wasnt sure what to do. i have alot of time off soon and was wanting to start a Project micra. does anybody have any suggestions of what they would like to see being done as i think the sr20 is over done now Kristians and Dave Bulls are nice but everyone and their grannys are wanting to do that. so ideas will be talking into consideration no matter how wild.

Glen

Right I am wanting to start a project micra but i wasnt sure what to do. i have alot of time off soon and was wanting to start a Project micra. does anybody have any suggestions of what they would like to see being done as i think the sr20 is over done now Kristians and Dave Bulls are nice but everyone and their grannys are wanting to do that. so ideas will be talking into consideration no matter how wild.

Glen

I wouldnt personaly consider two cars over done myself and no not everyone wants to do those mods and i dont because of the work involved.

But you asked for suggestions so rwd, 1.6 or above as nissan built 4wd 1.3's for the jap market already. Turbo with the suspension setup for drifting.

Ok?? :D

nissan built 4wd 1.3's for the jap market already.

i've though of these, but keeping the 4wd and converting it to manual, as they're all autos. they are the CGA3 so 1348cc.
you may run into problems joining the manual box to the transfer box. without seeing one or even seeing how the setup is i couldn't say. plus, you wouldn't be able to import one and register it in the uk without a model report, which could cost as much as the car.

so ideas will be talking into consideration no matter how wild.

As much as I love them, I agree the SR20 in the front is done and dusted now, it works well and gives great results, but something different would be cool. Heres my suggestion, and it'd be a cheeky little number to drive...

S13 CA18DET + Running gear or S14 SR20DET + Running gear... RWD! I bet it'd be a handful, but what a wheeze! Failing that, as crazy as it sounds, RB20/25DET ... You did say Wild. :alien: If they can fit a Chevy V8 in a Fiat 126, RB20 or RB25 in a Micra should virtually drop in!

why not an rb26 then? if an rb20 can go in and rb25 then a RB26 can too N/A though with the throttle bodies open no plenum. That would be wild.

why not an rb26 then? if an rb20 can go in and rb25 then a RB26 can too N/A though with the throttle bodies open no plenum. That would be wild.

An RB26 is a valuable engine, whereas an old RB20 or RB25 can be bought (often in a car) for a lot less. RB26's will always be worth good money and so I didnt consider it. Hell if you'd put an RB26 in, better off 2JZ-GTE.

On second thoughts... VH45! The worlds first Nissan V8 powered Micra.... Hmmmmm

i reckon it would be a nightmare getting an evo engine and running gear into a micra! mounts on everything will be diffrent. all it would be is an evo with a micra shell lol.

all the tools you can think of my dads and ex mechanic so he has all the knowledge and he is funding it and ill pay him back so money isnt an issue

Back