Happy New Year.

Wolodemer

Ex. Club Member
Hello everyone, I know it's a bit late, but I'd like to wish you all the very best for 2007. I have a little tale to tell about Nissan. Last June I had a rattle on the hatch of my 160SR, the curse!!!the curse!!!,and had a new catch and striker fitted by my dealer, job done problem fixed, great. About a month or so ago the dreaded rattling tailgate rears, get it? rears? it's ugly head again.

I phoned the dealership and asked if there was a permanent fix for the rattle? No they said, Oh Nissan do know about the problem..... the hatch does rattle, get used to it!!! Or words to that effect. I was absolutly livid... I wrote a strong letter to Customer Services in Sunderland, or was it Birmingham? anyway some bod wrote back saying, contact your dealer you should be able to get the problem resolved???

He'd enclosed a list of four dealerships in my area, so I tried a new one in Manchester, and after explaning the situation to the lady on the Service desk, she said we can work on the problem I think your dealer is fobbing you off when they say it can't be fixed. Well, I'm impressed, they cured the rattle after about two hours, I waited. So fingers crossed.

Very poor service by the original dealer by the sounds of things. Just because its been fixed once, doesnt mean it should be ignored again. You pay good money for a car and expect a decent service

Hope it stays quiet this time

Poor Service.

Very poor service by the original dealer by the sounds of things. Just because its been fixed once, doesnt mean it should be ignored again. You pay good money for a car and expect a decent service

Hope it stays quiet this time

Yeah, thanks Arnold.

I got similar from the customer services and dealers I've been to with warranty problems. I'm never going to buy another Nissan, the dealer and CS attitudes stink!

Looking to go German next time, I think a VW Golf GTI beckons...

No Title'

Your quite right mate, but it just goes to show you can get things done if you want to, even if I was just lucky, because I still think that damn hatch will start to rattle again, but at least I've tried to get it fixed, and caused some grief along the way. I did realise that my problem was insignificant when I talked to a gent in the showroom whos micra k12 had a locked boot lid which he could'nt open, and it was now out of warranty. He'd had it repaired under warranty twice before!!!o_O

Back