new hub studs????

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Ok, I have a set of 14inch 4x100 185 60 R14 alloys that I'm fitting to my micra,
With the help of some spacers, because the centre bore on my alloys is too small. The thing I need to know, is do I need extended hib studs? or will the stock ones be ok? Or am I best getting my alloys bored out? Thanks in advance, for any advice given, and thank you for reading.

Ryan.

The best solution will always be to get the centre bore widened
Spacers are ok. 6mm isn't much. Try one on. The wheel nut should do 5 full turns to be at max strength any less and you need extended studs

The best solution will always be to get the centre bore widened
Spacers are ok. 6mm isn't much. Try one on. The wheel nut should do 5 full turns to be at max strength any less and you need extended studs

Thanks mate, I'll try later, and let you know how I get on. Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it would cost to have them bored?

a roadwheel is a big item to mount on a lathe !
my guess is that most machine shops would use a boring bar and milling machine (for which, expect a charge of about £20 each wheel)
Can fit wheels without tyres on the toolroom one at work, and it's not exactly a well equipped toolroom.

a roadwheel is a big item to mount on a lathe !
my guess is that most machine shops would use a boring bar and milling machine (for which, expect a charge of about £20 each wheel)

Wouldn't I be safe with 6mm spacers? I can't really afford £80 quid.

Back