New Heating Problem - K11C

Hi all,

I've searched for info on this but all I can find is info on the heater only working on 1 and 4 or not working at all.

Mine has, from what I can see, a unique problem. The heaters only seem to work after the car has been running/driven for about 15 minutes. I don't mean hot air, I mean literally nothing happens when you turn the blowers on (no cold air, no noises etc.) until this point. I noticed this on a long drive but I left the heater on position two, then suddenly I heard a "click" and it was on!

Now as much as it happened suddenly, I think the click came from the internal fuse box.

My question is could this be a relay issue? I have no real way to check but happy to whip a relay out of a scrap car.

Alternatively, could this be a temperamental heater resistor? Or is it just a 15 year old car that wants all the air for itself until it gets to temp?

For info it's a 2002 "S" model, 1l manual.

PS first post woop :)

Attachments

• IMG-20170715-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20170715-WA0004.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 225
Hi all,

I've searched for info on this but all I can find is info on the heater only working on 1 and 4 or not working at all.

Mine has, from what I can see, a unique problem. The heaters only seem to work after the car has been running/driven for about 15 minutes. I don't mean hot air, I mean literally nothing happens when you turn the blowers on (no cold air, no noises etc.) until this point. I noticed this on a long drive but I left the heater on position two, then suddenly I heard a "click" and it was on!

Now as much as it happened suddenly, I think the click came from the internal fuse box.

My question is could this be a relay issue? I have no real way to check but happy to whip a relay out of a scrap car.

Alternatively, could this be a temperamental heater resistor? Or is it just a 15 year old car that wants all the air for itself until it gets to temp?

For info it's a 2002 "S" model, 1l manual.

PS first post woop :)
I'm no expert but my friends corsa had a similarish problem where the front fog lights wouldn't turn on for a couple of second after you turned the switch. You could hear the relay click at the same time the lights came on so that wasn't the issue. It turned out that the switch just had 15 years of dirt and wear and so took a few seconds to make proper contact. My bet is the switch just being old and needs cleaning

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for the advice - will give it a try this weekend. Hopefully getting the trim off won't be too much trouble - definitely a strange issue!

Back