New guy looking for info on rare model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was pointed in the direction of this forum by a member on missbanzai.com. Hope you'll have me.

I've just bought an 1987 Nissan BE-1, rag top automatic. It's done 32000miles and is in pretty tip top order.

The main thing I'm wondering about is how much of it is interchangable with the K10 if any.

A few pics of the BE-1:
Photo0963.jpg

Photo0964.jpg

Photo0965.jpg

Photo0966.jpg

Photo0967.jpg

Photo0968.jpg

And my other Nissan:
Photo0087.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0631.jpg

Photo0638.jpg

Always been a huge fan of the K10 :)

it looks just like the k10 engine in there frank and some of the other guys should be able to help with some info i think (Y) good luck!

And I just made a mess on my keyboard....

Engine, exhaust and suspension parts should all be interchangeable

I believe the whole running gear all mechanicals and suspension are the same.

Hello, I was pointed in the direction of this forum by a member on missbanzai.com. Hope you'll have me.

I've just bought an 1987 Nissan BE-1, rag top automatic. It's done 32000miles and is in pretty tip top order.

The main thing I'm wondering about is how much of it is interchangable with the K10 if any.

Ross, Welcome to the best Pocket Rocket site around.

BTW I are Top Cat. :D

Ross, Welcome to the best Pocket Rocket site around.

BTW I are Top Cat. :D

Your Moma!!!

:p

Not too happy with £300 3rd party insurance quote!, thats just under half what I'm paying for the 34. So any recommended insurance companys?

Also, great news with the parts, should make it easier too mantain and restore :)

Balloo

Welcome Balloo! I'm Micrafish on MissBanzai, I did the deed! :laugh:
Welcome to the forum, that 34 is fantastic!
I with Sky Insurance, TPFT and thats 500 per year, however I'm 21 with 2-3 no claims, so you might fair better!

Well its on the driveway now, and man what a journey.

The car has been sat for a while, it was taking for a few spins this week to give the brakes a good seeing to.

It had a small flutter moving from 2nd to 3rd, rev counter bounced around a bit but then sorted itself out.

I have a red warning light, which looks like a radiator warning (?) Came on pretty much straight away and lasted 40 mins but temp guage only raised a few points.

All in all I was please with it though. Tomorrow going over with fine tooth come and then to garage to see what it fails on the MOT :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back