Need polo 6n rear coilovers

You could just mod them yourself? All you need is a hacksaw and a ruler... maybe a flat file...

You could just mod them yourself? All you need is a hacksaw and a ruler... maybe a flat file...

bought some new bud off ebay. gona fit them today as i think iv got the parts i need. Dont you need a drill of make the hole bigger or isnt it a lot you need to change it by?

Not unless you drill the bush out to 12mm, and I don't think it would be easy as the metal inner will probably flex about too much and keep snagging the drill bit

Not unless you drill the bush out to 12mm, and I don't think it would be easy as the metal inner will probably flex about too much and keep snagging the drill bit
if the holes on the micra are 12mm and i use 10mm bolts to hold it in surely thats not gona work

Have ypu actually looked at the bottom mount? lol there are holes in the axle either side of the coilover bottom, and it goes through them all and holds them in place. A 10mm bolt will work no worries, tried and tested.

Works fine just make sure the bolts are tight, anyone running corsa rears has to do this

Have ypu actually looked at the bottom mount? lol there are holes in the axle either side of the coilover bottom, and it goes through them all and holds them in place. A 10mm bolt will work no worries, tried and tested.

ha yeh i know how they fit onto the car :p just in my head using 10mm to hold something in a 12mm hole wouldnt work in my head but obviously it does. and im not rubbing corsa rears im running polo all round.

ill try that. but does preload and adjusting the springs effect the height. cause mine are all the way down into the chamber and ride height is still stupidly high :/

Get a photo of the car as it sits now and of the coilovers with the weight of the car on them. It shouldn't be high if they're all the way down, mine isn't and skymeras is decked!

Get a photo of the car as it sits now and of the coilovers with the weight of the car on them. It shouldn't be high if they're all the way down, mine isn't and skymeras is decked!

i will tomorrow when i try figure out whats going on

Still not got the hang of this lowering lark have you Ash? ;)
Nope doing ny head right in. I just need to know how people assembled the top of the rears. Iv had to the huge spacer it came with so it doesn't rub on the inside boot recess. And how much thread they got coming up through the car if you know what I mean

I cut the micra bumpstop down to just the thin metal disc at the top, slipped it over the shock and stuck through the boot.

Back