**Mystery Rattle. Drives me bonkers!!!**

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hello, :)
Another problem for one of my heroes to solve for me.
My 1995 K11 Micra has a very heavy sounding rattle when driven on rough streets. It has always done this and everyone that gets in my car points it out, it's embarrassing and i would love to fix it! It seems to be coming from the rear drivers door or behind that. I have removed the door trim but couldn't find anything in there. Perhaps the locking mechanism? I don't know. Please help! Free part of your choice from my spares car for the solution to this problem! :D

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
rear hatch? the rubber stops on mine are worn ouut, and on rough roads makes a loud noise. Or as above sway bars. Try open the door stand on the door sill and jump up and down a little (npt alot! just too move the suspension) you should hear the droplinks if its that.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Drop LInks if its a knocking, mine does it too.

I got HD poly bushes from Whiteline but for some reason mechanic installed some generic jobbers which went bad after a month or so.

The rear hatch handle could also be a factor (all 4 nuts on tight)

Loose Crap under your spare

Usual culprits

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
I had a rattle coming from a similar direction in a 2dr Starlet I once owned, there was a large panel beating dolly left inside the panel/sill between the door & rear wheel.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
BeeBoop WROTE:

"fred WROTE:

"right hand rear light cluster or passenger guard? "</div>

Guards are gone. I can do the light cluster though. Hopefully it's not the one with the chip in it. I know one is chipped. Will grab it for you tomorrow. :D

Yeah Buddy the right hand cluster is fine, and i now have it out for you. Sorry about the delay i have just been busy over Christmas.
Where abouts are you from? You able to collect from Campbelltown area? :)

Back