my new march st

ive finally bought a st, its taken some time but at last i have one. Needs a little engine work, boost leaks etc but seems fairly solid.

Mods so far are
m's induction kit
custom exhaust
mines high lift cam
hks boost gauge
saftey 21 roll cage
cusco strut brace
lowered

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Great Stuff, Car looks in great nick. If you get that engine bay steamed cleaned it could look the dogs.

Very nice pick up!!

You will have loads of fun in it!!

Don't think they are the original stickers though, the 'March' one isn't quite right. None the less, great car. Congratz!!

thanks guys, cars having a major service to get it running spot on. crazyep82 pm me a price for the grill i might be interested. Anyone know of any places that do performace mods for these as i cant find any.

thanks guys, cars having a major service to get it running spot on. crazyep82 pm me a price for the grill i might be interested. Anyone know of any places that do performace mods for these as i cant find any.

What are you looking for?

Majority of mods are going to have to be custom. Best advice I could give is to take your car to a few performance workshops, tell em what you plan to do with the car etc. If you find someone who looks like they are interested in the car then they are probably a good place to start. Anyone who looks like they do a lot of imports would also be good as they will probably have their own contacts in japan and be somewhat accustomed to having to do minor modifications to parts to suit.

When I found a guy I liked I took the car in and had a major service and got my induction fixed up and I just told him what I intended to do to the car and told him to just hold on to it as long as he wanted and to go through everything with a fine tooth comb so that he would know what he can and can't do to it. He had the car for approx a month- 6 weeks and when I got it back it ran better than ever, have never had a prob with it since and I don't think he is going to have any problems with future mods no matter how far i decide to go with it

all i want to do is add a dump valve, front mounted intercooler and some coloured hoses. may also need a new bonnt has mine has rust issues on the underside.

I reckon crazyep82 would be your best bet to help you with all that (presuming that is an Irish Plate). He's done FMIC, removed his dump valve so he knows where it goes. Don't know how far apart in Ireland you are though. Apologies if its a mission away.

Nice car BTW.

thanks mate i live in medway about 10 mins from you lol

Ah *feels silly now", I swear I saw that on ebay in Ireland.

Your best bet is to speak to Ed, http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk his workshop is located near Thorpe Park. He owns two of these and is building a monster at the moment.

He can deal with all your tuning needs.

I believe they can be taken to around 140-150 BHP with next to no effort/money spent. Although Eds the man to speak to as there is no one who knows them better in this country!!!

I want one :(

Well If I remember correctly, the Dump valve goes after the Intercooler before it goes into the inlet manifold.

Crazyep82 or was it Smidge? fitted a FMIC using a kit, intercooler and bends and I believe it all seems to just fit.

Apparantly theres not really a neat route you can go with a FMIC as the engine bay is quite cluttered.

I'd offer to help but my experience is with RS Turbos. Complete crap technology compared to an ST.

no probs mate ive had s13's a s14 and a gt4 but ive never seen a cramped engine bay like the st, its mental. Will probably put the battery in the boot to frr up some space.

looks the goods mate, if you don't want to rip the thing apart yourself, then being near Eds workshop is a very good thing as it seems he knows them backwards!

if you do feel like getting your hands dirty tho its pretty rewarding when you do fix things up, i'm no mechanic but i've got mine running pretty well now

Battery in the boot free's up a bit space to do the Fmic,also taking out the ac.Never knew mine's made a cam??I was offered a mine's ecu before

ive never heard of a high lift cam by mines, i thought they only did ecu's. The cars have a full service at the mo and they are going to find out if it has a uprated cam or not.

Ah *feels silly now", I swear I saw that on ebay in Ireland.

Your best bet is to speak to Ed, http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk his workshop is located near Thorpe Park. He owns two of these and is building a monster at the moment.

He can deal with all your tuning needs.

I believe they can be taken to around 140-150 BHP with next to no effort/money spent. Although Eds the man to speak to as there is no one who knows them better in this country!!!

Not true. . .Greddy emanage blue,Blitz electronic boost controller,hybrid turbo from Ed,Stainless exhaust,fmic. . .spent a grand on mapping in the last year or so,maybe you can with a few simple mods but to run safely No!I could drive mine day in day out,A realistic figure with whats on the car is 120 to 130bhp.Your right in saying Ed's the man,he fitted the emanage an coaxed a few horsies out of it !

ive never heard of a high lift cam by mines, i thought they only did ecu's. The cars have a full service at the mo and they are going to find out if it has a uprated cam or not.

I'd say its BS buy the previous owner to be honest,st's have quite an aggressive cam as it is I reckon

to be honest i would be happy running 120-130bhp as im looking in to having perspex windows fitted and im removing the interior, sound deadening, air con and anything else thats not needed to make it super light but driveable

tell me about it im trying to find one for my girlfriends k10 but having no luck

looks the goods mate, if you don't want to rip the thing apart yourself, then being near Eds workshop is a very good thing as it seems he knows them backwards!

if you do feel like getting your hands dirty tho its pretty rewarding when you do fix things up, i'm no mechanic but i've got mine running pretty well now

yours is looking good now mate

Best bet other than to get over excited by reading this thread here is to do these very simple things, if you really want to do anything:

Put a decent exhaust on it (2 inch) from downpipe, and gut the cat.
Move the lambda sensor to AFTER the turbo.
Remap the ecu.

That is all you need to do. Anything else is excessive (i.e. pointless) for your power aims.

Stock cams/head will do 180-200bhp with supporting mods. The engine however will not (for long).

Ed

Best bet other than to get over excited by reading this thread here is to do these very simple things, if you really want to do anything:

Put a decent exhaust on it (2 inch) from downpipe, and gut the cat.
Move the lambda sensor to AFTER the turbo.
Remap the ecu.

That is all you need to do. Anything else is excessive (i.e. pointless) for your power aims.

Stock cams/head will do 180-200bhp with supporting mods. The engine however will not (for long).

Ed

The man speaks:wasntme:

Back