My new L.

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
You might know my tourquise LX - pics whored at every available oppertunity - fender mirrors, kidney beans etc. Well I bent that a while back and it got replaced with an AJ4 L.

DSCF2699.jpg

Which stayed as it left Sunderland for a few weeks untill Friday when this started happening...

DSCF2856.jpg

DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2855.jpg

DSCF2859.jpg

DSCF2858.jpg

Short springs from the LX, 7x13 kidney beans all round - I picked up another pair a few days previously re drilled them to 4x100 got some tyres on ready for the swap. Other than the wheels and springs its just had the bump strips removed and been cleaned of all the spec/dealer stickers. (theres a couple still showing in those pics, that are now gone) It'll come down a bit more if I can ever afford a set of coilies at some point. It wont be getting the fender mirrors - dont worry Ben I wont be making it the same as yours!

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
7x13 +5 (though this is meningless on the rear, the wheel on the wide side after the panhard rod shift is et0 with a 10mm spacer, the wheel on the narrow side is et5 with the 8mm or so axle shift) - unfortunately I didn't notice that the et of the "pair" I bought ages ago was different.

It has worked out well for now though because it means I can get away without an adjustable/modded/eccentric bushed panhard rod at the moment and effectively have a wide track rear end - all be it a bit heath robison.

CMF_Liam g

» CMF Member
Looks neat.Its all you need on a micra cosmetically,a big drop on wide 13's,its simple like the rest of the car,have seen big bodykits with big 17's here in the UK and look awful.Its a japanese mini :D.

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
I'm down on the south coast Chris - check out the MSC www.micra.org.uk if you haven't made your way over there already.

There's been some changes with mine. I had to clear some debt so the slots went (but are living on on another micra) and I rocked stock steels and trims for a bit. My nice dishy retro steering wheel, and Super-S dials went too.

Photo0176.jpg

However just after Christmas I found a breaker Super-S in AJ4, I managed to bag the bumpers and dials for a pretty nice price :)

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

A pal has donated some nicely styled, but very narrow - 5x13 - wheels to the cause, so I might go retro and bulgy with the tyres eventually. But my next step is to get these new wheels on after a bit of a refurb.

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
A couple of pics from out and about today.

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

Still no further with the refurb of the wheels, which are the same as these:

zoom_69909221_cerchi_cromodora_abarth.jpg

The flat face of the spokes will be polished, as will the lip. The rest will either be black or gold.

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
I happened across a picture of some nicely refurbed cromodoras the other day, here is what I an aiming for with the wheels...

P4230053.jpg

P4230057.jpg

And after a bit of PhotoChopery...

Cromodoras.jpg

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
Cromodoras went to a new home, they are returning to a small old Fiat.

In the meantime I've been taking pictures to celebrate the springtime...

DSCF0792-1.jpg

Trying out 15"s...

DSCF0970.jpg

DSCF0969.jpg

And finally getting round to painting steels black...

DSCF0971.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
The shonkey straight through box I made a while back has finally rusted out internally and has be making an awful rattling for a couple of weeks. Today I finally got round to getting the near new box off of the old LX to swap it on. Both boxes came off without argument - copper slip is the business - then the re-fitting ground to a halt at 8:30pm, my exhaust putty had gone rock hard.

Never mind it was sorted the next day.

I've also been playing with a stripe idea I've had for a while.

DSCF1041-1.jpg

DSCF1042-1.jpg

It's only black electrical tape at the mo, just to try out how it would look. When I draw up a plot path for them propperly I'll put some text in to sit at the front of the door. I'm currently torn between MICRA and C.G.10. I think the latter is going to get it.

One of the chaps on the MSC also chopped this together...

marks.jpg

Which bar the asymetric grill I love. I need a set of A3A's in my life.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
flanked by an R35GT-R and a 350Z... awesome!! i've driven all 3 of the nissans in that picture and my opinion of which is the most fun to drive... Micra!!
your car looks perfect between them!!

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
But I have a stupidly expensive high end system to put in... that weighs a lot, thats why I haven't installed it... a little over 7kg per amp!!

What does your 'high quality' system weigh... roughly?

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
Less than a Kilo per speaker box in the back, standardish size speakers in the doors - just tiddlers 120W or something, basic car store replacements pioneer or jvc or sony cant remember! and a regular head - no external amplification.

It's rubbish really, I haven't any money to spend on luxuries like good quality audio.

And if I did it would get spent on wheels or proper suspension :)

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
I don't seem to have stuck anything in here for a while....

Photo0651.jpg

Photo0653.jpg

Photo0650.jpg

Then were some issues when it's MOT came around, be gone holey bits...

1175009_10151870182095921_979337401_n.jpg

Tyre swapping to get through the test meant I ended up with slots on one side and the eight spoke steels on the other...

Slotsorspokes.jpg

I've been playing with wheel trims most recently, but not the mankey flat silver OEM sort...

946047_10152032689085921_1875657474_n.jpg

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
Big changes since those pictures were taken I've fitted modified Corsa coilovers to the front to bring it down some more, taken another coil out of the rear, oh, and swapped the Wellers for some Revolutions. These are in 13x8 et20 flavour, so fitted substantially better than the 7"s.

[/QUOTE]

Back