I bought:

1 Phoenix Gold Sub (250W),
1 Phoenix Gold Amp (2X80W / 1X250W)
1 Alpine Amp (2X90W)
1 Pair of Pioneer 16cm Speakers (50W)
1 600W Wiring Kit
1 Sub Box
2 Rolls of Black Carpet

The above will be added to an existing 2X90 Alpine Amp & 2X80 Pioneer speakers :)

nice mate, its a good feeling when it all arrives but the theres the installation ....i lost my temper so many times and in the ned blew my HU Remote output and i fried the amp too so costing me an arm and a leg. That Carpet, take it it was from CAD?? How much??

So your gonna be busy. Looks a nice set up (im going by colour :laugh: i lose track when it comes to all things speakers and subs i let the other half sort that out)

My Headunit is away getting repaired boo hoo. and i have just pinched a single sub box of the boyf now he brought one for 2 subs. Pioneer 12inch sub, Lovely blue 6by9s and some door speakers (Im new to all this so really havnt a clue i am learning though:suspect:)

Took us a few mins to get the door cards off my k11 1999 and my boyf (Iain) pulling and banging them around and me sat there with a face of complete terror and so far only door speakers in cards are still off and waiting for me to get my lazy self to spray them and tart them up and not much point getting the rest in till i get my head unit (Only been waiting for a part from sony for nearly 3 months!!!! Grrr)

Best a luck getting it all sorted

Wayhayyyyyyyyy - glad you got it mate :)

One bit of advice which you need (and Ben now knows ;))....

Remove at least the negative battery terminal before you start any electrical work on the car :).

Touch the positive accidently to the amp case when it's grounded = fried amp.

If you need help setting it up, just ask. It's worth reading the manual tho!

The only other things you might want, to make wiring a bit easier, is the couple of power distribution blocks (as your running more than one amp). One for power and one for ground, to split the main cable into two for the other amps.

They should cost around £10 for both from Maplin, and are good quality for the price :)

Retepetsir said:
The only other things you might want, to make wiring a bit easier, is the couple of power distribution blocks (as your running more than one amp). One for power and one for ground, to split the main cable into two for the other amps.

They should cost around £10 for both from Maplin, and are good quality for the price :)

Cheers mate. Will look into that! Will need to chat to you on msn to clear a couple of things up lol, but nothing major (i always say that!)

The black carpet came from Motorworld! £15 a roll i think it was.

Looking forward to getting that all in, but i need a new head unit first!

Retepetsir said:

Remove at least the negative battery terminal before you start any electrical work on the car :).

yeah - geez what kind of tit would do that :) Will have to get myself some of that carpet then Arnold

Retepetsir said:

can i also add to that.

best get a fused dizzy block for the power and you dont need a fused one for the ground. :D

so
FUSED dizzy block = power
NON FUSED = GROUND

wayne

Big_ben said:
Retepetsir said:

yeah - geez what kind of tit would do that :) Will have to get myself some of that carpet then Arnold

My stealth shelf has that autoleads acustic carpet which costs more. Its not the same as the black stuff i bought, so dont use cheap carpet if covering speakers! it muffles the sound.

Anyway, Yes Danni it cost a small fortune, but that's what overdrafs are for :) - Not sure which headunit i want now but thats likely to be £200+

can i also add to that.

best get a fused dizzy block for the power and you dont need a fused one for the ground. :D

so
FUSED dizzy block = power
NON FUSED = GROUND

wayne

Quicky, or Pete, apologies for being a bit thick, but have you got a link to what i need to get? I checked out maplin's site but theve got loads of different ones, 1 to 2, 2 to 4, 3 to 2, 2 to 8 etc etc, very confusing!!

Just to remind u guys, i have one cable from the battery which needs to run 3 amps.

Cheers

Mate, the kit is 8awg.. means nothing to me, but i hope thats the right thing as you chose it ;)

Hope you can help!

Arnold

Hmmm - I thought you were running one amp Arnold.

What are you running your existing amp from? You can probably split this to the two amps, then use the 8awg kit just for the sub amp (as intended)

Hi mate

I've got a Alpine MRP T130 amp at the moment, just running from the battery. As i bought all this second hand, im not sure what awg etc the cable is (unless it says on the cable?? i can check in half hour or so)

Anyway, the new amp is to run the sub... existing amp is for speakers in the rear, and just bought another T130 to power the fronts

Right...........this is what I'd do (and to save hassle).

Run the fronts from your new amp, off of the existing wiring kit.

Run the sub amp off of the new wiring kit :)

Run the rear speakers off of the headunit, and fade them out compared to the fronts, they wont be run as loud anyway.

Otherwise wiring is going to get complicated/expensive.......

Well excluding expenses, is the most simple option running three wires from the battery..to power the lot? I know you've suggest using the HU, which i will probably do, but i've got the amp already and seems a waste to not use it!

Back