My first car - Nissan Micra 1996

Ello, i recently bought my first car, im 18 years old, got it for about 400, its a 1.3 and has 4 months MOT and 6 months TAX, i think its done about 100,000 miles ..

Im thinking of doing the following mods : Front Mesh grill (including bumper and fog spaces) , rear window tinting, a loud exhaust, some 15" used alloy wheels, and maybe sum wind deflectors. I have seen these followin alloys for sale, but havent got a clue if they'l fit etc .. and where to get em fitted from fwn . Ive put a pic of the car, and piic of the alloy wheels i mite wanna put up ..

Heres my pride and joy :)

81054336.jpg

And these are the alloy wheels i wanna get, they are indeed 4 stud, and have these details on the site "SET OF 4 15" ALLOY WHEELS [Halfords Ripspeed] 4 STUD, WITH TYRES [Kumho Ecsta supra] 195/50"

I have no idea what that means :S

KGrHqUOKowE4vg0Shu9BOZe7FObQ60_12.jpg

Will they fit?

Better with 195/45 tyres. Less chance of catching the arches.
We had a Micra recently with a similar 'P UBB' reg number! :laugh:

I dont understand :S Should i just roll around in it how it is? maybe pull a few ladies in this? :) Cos like i aint experience the road yet, im a newly passed driver, before i make any mods i shud get sum road experience yeh? plus will alloy wheels affect ma insurance policy premium?

Alloy wheels might put your insurance up. Depends on your insurance company but if you are a young driver they will rob you for everything they can.

I'd leave the standard wheels on until next year. Its tempting to stick them on now but do you really want to learn to drive with them? (You only really 'learn' to drive after you pass your test! LOL!) Especially as we are coming into winter soon.

You can fit 195/45 without any modifications but if you fit 195/50 there is a chance they will catch the edge of your wheelarches or rub on the plastic wheelarch liners (cos 50 profile tyres are bigger than 45s)

Alloy wheels might put your insurance up. Depends on your insurance company but if you are a young driver they will rob you for everything they can.

I'd leave the standard wheels on until next year. Its tempting to stick them on now but do you really want to learn to drive with them? (You only really 'learn' to drive after you pass your test! LOL!) Especially as we are coming into winter soon.

You can fit 195/45 without any modifications but if you fit 195/50 there is a chance they will catch the edge of your wheelarches or rub on the plastic wheelarch liners (cos 50 profile tyres are bigger than 45s)

Nah my insurance will stay the same if i modify the car or not so that wont be a problem, but yeh true say, is there a point in learning to drive with sport mods on, maybe wen im 20/21 yeh .. And your right, we only start to learn to drive after we pass the test, look out there, its a jungle! People cutting you up, etc .. I think i mite just build up some experience, for atleast a year, then work on .. guess how much my insurance is , £150 a month for any car, or £1200 for the year (on any car ) fully comp :D

Skyline786

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* View Blog Entries
* View Articles
* Add as Contact

Forum Member

Car
Nissan Micra K11 1.0L
Seller Rating

shows 1.0 under your name.
yeh i would agree to rack up some very juicy road experience,also learn the car . it will suprise you..... and keep us posted every day!
you already seen some mad drivers out their right ? what area are you in?

Sounds like a good price, a colleague of mine just bought an M-reg with 100,000 for £550 :)

I just bought my first Micra too, mines a little older than yours on a F-plate.

Mine also costs me alot more on the insurance, because it has been lowered & has alloys! But since this is your first car I leave the wheels on, my first car at your age was a Fiat Panda 1.0 with no alloys & my first mods were a new stereo & a set of 6x9's :)

Back