my dilema, garman v. jap!

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well im savin up about £5k for a nu car n insurance, n im tied up between a micra K12 1.4/1.6 or VW golf MK4 1.6. well i wanna stay jap for the MSC n the north east jap culture but the Vee Dub is lush inside, but i cant exactly go to the north east jap/MSC meets (propoa anyways with 'avin a german car lol), now people please tell me what to go for n why, both about the same price n insurance just dunno what to do, cheers guys/girls! :D

the k12 will be faster and probably more economical. But the golf is nicer inside. I would stay jap, and i am with my next car :D

i mean ive been in MSC nearly a year n i wanna stay cos i luv it lol! plus i wanna stay jap fot the north east jap culture, i.e JNE,

im warded toward the thw K12 at the min like lol! :D

######## to that, golf all the way - k12 looks like a frog had sex with a pig and sme mutant frogpig evolved

Ben said:
######## to that, golf all the way - k12 looks like a frog had sex with a pig and sme mutant frogpig evolved

lol you really hate the k12's don't you ben.

r05: depends what you want.

micra: will be more fun to drive, be faster, better mpg (all depending what model golf you want, going on the 1.4 you mentioned before for this comparison.)

golf: comfy, better interior, better build quality.

Dr Zoidberg said:
lol you really hate the k12's don't you ben.

r05: depends what you want.

micra: will be more fun to drive, be faster, better mpg (all depending what model golf you want, going on the 1.4 you mentioned before for this comparison.)

golf: comfy, better interior, better build quality.

haha to be honest im not that bothered by it apart from the fact i think its one ugly car, the thing is my experience with jap cars hasnt been too great hence the reason i wanted out but i suppose at the end of the day its all own to individual choice

have to agree with ben on this!!! k12's look like #### and golf's are lush!!!

i would spend 1k on a golf mk1 and 4k on restoring it. Put in a mk4 engine it (so it runs nice)

but i do love the mk4......ummmmm

detox said:
have to agree with ben on this!!! k12's look like #### and golf's are lush!!!

i would spend 1k on a golf mk1 and 4k on restoring it. Put in a mk4 engine it (so it runs nice)

but i do love the mk4......ummmmm

lol the whole point of gettin the golf is cos its modern lol,going to a 80's mk1 will be going back in time (not much like, theres nowt in the micra lol)

R05_Micra said:
lol the whole point of gettin the golf is cos its modern lol,going to a 80's mk1 will be going back in time (not much like, theres nowt in the micra lol)

at least it has a steering wheel and some pedals lol

mk4 looks good but is too heavy.

You'll notice better performance from a 1.3 SR than a 1.6 Golf.

Even the GTi mk4 takes the ######. Stick to Jap!

Ben said:
haha to be honest im not that bothered by it apart from the fact i think its one ugly car,

i thought that when i first saw it, i actually really like it now, owning one probably helps lol

ro5 have you test driven both cars? that would be my advice drive them both on the same day if possible and decide which car agreed more you :)

still the golf can be made to go faster!!! with less stress on the engine so it whont brack down!!

+ it does look so so nice!!!

im considerin a focus n all, i dont like fords but ther going £1700+ with air con n heated seats ( bout £3k ones) all them mod cons, plus there cheap as to fix!

Kyle said:
The Ford and the dub wont depreciate as much ! And I'm guessing will handle better!

if hes still looking at the golfs he mentioned before the micras will handle better, same with fords.

and the higher spec micras are keeping there value a bit more than people expect

:)

Back