My Clutch

Pink Princess

Ex. Club Member
See if u can work this out
The car has 35000 on the clock, and is authenticated by Nissan as has the stamp, yeah?

Well it has already had a clutch fitted at some point because its got the wrong one fitted... We had new one fitted today....
2clutches and its only done so little miles... Any one think its dodgey stamping and clock been turned back?

A previous owner may have experienced problems with something and changed the clutch, but not wanting to pay nissan prices, used a cheaper crap one.

Or as above, it could be the result of bad driving - riding the clutch for too long etc.

clutchs can fail there are good and bad very poor driving with left foot resting on pedal. mine has 81 thousand on original clutch but needs changed now just waiting till elbow can take the strain.......

It's not normal for the clutch to fail that early on but it's down to driving habits and setup. If you abuse a clutch or it's incorrectly installed and setup, (i.e. the cable tension is incorrect on the pedel assembly), it could easily lead to pre-mature failure.

The clutch on my 1.0 was slipping badly when I bought it, the clutch was new and it just wasn't setup right.......quick adjustment and it's been fine ever since.

mine had original clutch at 83k and still had plenty left on it only needed changing cos of oil contamination...plus i was upping the performance.

id suspect some clutch riding or possibly bad adjustment tbh to go through it that quickly.

Back