My car doesn't like Tesco petrol

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

I've been running my more recent K10 on Tesco petrol for the past year. It has been o.k running on it, but last weekend I filled the last half a tank up with Texaco Premium unleaded.

I have noticed a change in the cars performance in the past week, so today decided to fill the tank up FULLY with Texaco again. It seems to like it a lot more than the Tesco petrol.

Is anybody else's cars the same?

Tesco is literally a 2 minute drive from my house, but the nearest Texaco garage is about a 10 minute drive away. I suppose it's worth the extra drive for better fuel. :)

-Elliot

check the octane of each, the higher the better! The tesco octane is probly about 94/95, the texaco is probly closer to the 99 mark, and it does make a big difference!

I was sure that Tesco and Texaco were both about the same Octane rating.

I do have to put Octane booster in when I put any in the Skyline, as it runs awful on the standard 95. Maybe it's just the tesco petrol. :upside:

-Elliot

More Performance?

o_O Hi... I usually fill up at Morissons / Tesco's with their 'standard' Unleaded. If I was to swap to Shell Optimax, or another Premium Unleaded, would I get a noticable increase in performace for the added extra cost? I drive a K11 1.0

If you do recommed a 'better' fuel, which would you suggest, and why?

Thanks
GAZ
:upside:

Hi... I usually fill up at Morissons / Tesco's with their 'standard' Unleaded. If I was to swap to Shell Optimax, or another Premium Unleaded, would I get a noticable increase in performace for the added extra cost? I drive a K11 1.0

I noticed a difference, but mainly cos my car was running crap before switching. (dunno if because fuel octane level higher or just becuase its a different garage) I switched just to try and clean out the engine.

Suppose the only way is to try it out and see if you notice anything extra.

i had the same with my car, i use to fill it up with bp then
went to jet and found it was much better

RE: RE: My car doesn't like Tesco petrol

Titch58 said:
Hows the skyline coming on anyway mate?

I would recommend anybody to just experiment with different fuel garages. My car is certainly running a lot, lot better on Texaco.

Titch, I've just fitted my full GTR front end on it last weekend. It only needs a set of headlights... and it's more or less finished. :)

GTRGrill4.jpg

-Elliot

I've tried tesco, and it just didnt seem right! normally use bp, but have to say optimax seems to do the trick - i'm only using it because its got cleaning stuff in it - but something is definately better!

Back