My BHP/dyno reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Mods: i have placed this here becuase i would like to get everyones guess :) but move if you think it doesnt belong here

Thought this would be a bit of fun

Basically i want people to guess what bhp my car is running

With the cbr600 bike carbs and valves straight :p lol

Ill be hopefully getting a RR soon as i've rebuilt it

So place your bets?

Im guessing 97 bhp @ f/w

Alot of people say its going to be more, but i think they over estimate just because it keeps up with most 100+ bhp stuff lol

Spec:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showpost.php?p=276180&postcount=248

thanks Curtis :)

Mods: i have placed this here becuase i would like to get everyones guess :) but move if you think it doesnt belong here

Thought this would be a bit of fun

Basically i want people to guess what bhp my car is running

With the cbr600 bike carbs and valves straight :p lol

Ill be hopefully getting a RR soon as i've rebuilt it

So place your bets?

Im guessing 97 bhp @ f/w

Alot of people say its going to be more, but i think they over estimate just because it keeps up with most 100+ bhp stuff lol
Spec:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showpost.php?p=276180&postcount=248

thanks Curtis :)

Thats power to weight though when you think logically.

Is it an ma12?

I'd say up in the 90's at the fly

Well with the twin webers it sounds amazingggg!!!

But i hope it still sounds good when the cbr bike carbs are on :D

you'll lose power with the bike carbs (trust me im the only one on here thats tried the webers and bike carbs) the webbers took an ma10 from 50ps to 70ps (metric HP bte so 69ish bhp) alone according to the AM tuning documentation which was in german hence the metric HP (ps)

pietro got about 97. something bhp @Fly from the webbers full race engine, exhaust manifold etc ma12 setup

id expect a little less with the bike carbs maybe as little as 85bhp @ Fly. the bike carbs were a knightmare to tune ( the fuel mixture goes all over the place as the revs go up) and even worse to live with in the cold i.e. conking out at junctions until then engine was fully up to temp. plus its almost impossible to fit and air filter to them so they are TOO Loud.

oh yeah and expect flames from the bike carb trumpets be carful doing anything to them whilst the cars running!!!

i sold them for a reason ya know ;) but still your car your choice only trying to give the benifit of my experience which when it comes to the bike carbs and webers no one has had the experience i have.

the bike carbs were just an experiment really and TBH the cbr carbs are not suited to the application but they were cheap hence why they were used

speedle

surely, if honda can get them to run right (and get near 200hp/litre) then it,s purely down to getting the jetting right ?

thats true enough frank but finding someone who can tune this carbs on this sort of engine was a mission in itself. i tried for months to get them right tried umteen jet configurations with experts trying to sort it out and the fueling would never be stable throughout the rev range. other carbs from other bikes may be easier to tune but at the end of the day tuning these to run on bikes is one thing doing it on a car engine isnt so simple. at the end of the day i tried so i do know what im talking about no one else bar Ed who came up with the idea orginally has tried this.

dont get me wrong they work, they are freaking loud and they added a huge whack of power to the car but the webbers were much easier to tune, to live with and cost alot less on fuel. the bike carbs wasted a ton of fuel no matter what jetting was used

Honda do not get near 200bhp/l on a road car engine. No chance.

Flames should NEVER come out of the trumpets on the carbs something is VERY VERY wrong with the engine/setup if this happens.

It is possible to put air filters on them plenty of after market options exist which are possible.

If setup well I see no problems with the bike carbs, and typically they are fairly simple to jet too.

I can see what you are saying speed, Its more a money thing why im selling the webers, the bike carbs may be worse etc but at the mo i need the money to do the engine and its the only thing on the car thats worth alot...if daveeeee ever feels the need to sell them again, ill be first in the que

Why don't you just go back to standard manifold etc rather than the hassle / expensive of setting up bike carbs, and refit the webers when they're done?

I can see what you are saying speed, Its more a money thing why im selling the webers, the bike carbs may be worse etc but at the mo i need the money to do the engine and its the only thing on the car thats worth alot...if daveeeee ever feels the need to sell them again, ill be first in the que

FYI theres no reason the manifold for the bike carbs coulndt be modified to accept webbers ;) just needs a flange and a slight bend added to it. worth keeping that in mind. ;)

Becuase i getting the bike carbs (which are slightly tuned)
I need the money as well to get all the stuff needed like gasket set, cam belt etc etc

And i need the car back on the road soonish!

Cheers speed ill remeber that

again selling the webers is probably what has made me not break the rest of the car!

i have Never seen flames from the trumpets of the bike carbs! never! what ever the reason for that was it was not due to the carbs. nothing stopping you from putting some sock fitlers on the bike carbs, i think that with your spec with the bike carbs, your looking at an honest 90bhp. pietro's was rr at 97bhp, i cant believe that there is a more than a 5bhp difference in the bike carbs. fair enough you lose mpg over the webers, however this is all relative as to how you drive the car. i dont plan on owning the webers for too long, i'm already looking at some potential new cars, i'm sure curtis will be first in line for the carbs when they come back up for sale, i'm sure he'll be interested in the 4-2-1 that was originaly paired with the webers on pietros cars ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back