MSN Messenger

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
My MSN messenger hasnt worked from home for over a day. I get the following message when trying to connect:

Signing into MSN messenger failed because the service is temporary unavailable. Please try again later - 81000314.

As far as im aware though, MSN still works fine! Anyone else getting the same fault, or know of any issues?

ok cheers. They've finally updated there service status to say something's up, whereas yesterday they said it was fine. i'l try for a few more mins otherwise i'l watch a film etc!

I just left something leaning on the (R) button (to retry) and went out the room for 5 mins, come back and its still not in, so im giving up and grabbing an early night! Laters all

5ilver Micra said:
heh....See ya mate

Yeah im still here, i fancied an early night but i couldnt reach my girlfriend for an hour or so, so im still up..... :sleepy:

why so stupidly dependent on MSN messenger it needs its own topic to say its not working? There are many other different types of chat software available you know :p

I used to have ICQ and Yahoo - but both got out of control, so i used Trillian to manage MSN aswell as the others. Apparently that no longer works with MSN etc, so i ditched ICQ and Yahoo and kept MSN running..

scottish-sr said:
Mine was doing this all day yesterday, tried un-installing and reinstalling then I ran Spybot and after that it worked :S

I went to remove it but did repair instead. Still didnt work at all and i was trying for over an hour (i left something leaning on the retry button!) My one at work went in first time, so i reckon somethings up with my PC

check proxy settings in internet explorer... and firewall if u got one, and the usual crap. mite be a routing problem with ur ISP. msn been working fine for me for weeks

Back