MOT: super S

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
wellit went in for its MOt today:
and all listed were probs with it..

1. wishbone cracked (knew about this)
2. No rear arches
3. sills nead replating
4. front end crash ( front pasanger chasis leg bent, grill in pieces, front bumper benmt, crash panel creased, headlight pushed back, bonnet creased)
5. tailgate dented (knew about this)
6. o/s wing rusted hole in
7. o/s rear 1/4 panel hole filled with mastik
8. o/s rear window seal innefective
9. n/s wheel bearing on its way out
10. fuel guage innoperable
11. doorcard bolt cover missing
12. sunroof cover missing
13. correct parcel shelf broke (brown one to replace)
14. super s front bumper fog lights missing

it also failed on:

15) innefective handbrake
16) worn steering rack bushes
along with the front end and mount

sounds absolutley Annihilated

sounds like you'd be better off using what super s bits are useable on another k10,

sounds like more hassle than the car is worth

Why take a car that is so clearly going to fail to the MOT station?

i wanted to see what else was needed before i set to work on it!!
such a not knowing about the steering bushes, so i can sort them all out at once instead of fixing bits. then it failing still and having to do another day on it

why question people when you instigate others shouldnt ?

I say this because common sense would suggest that a car in a clearly dangerous condition should not be put on the road as some of the faults you mentioned are clearly hazadous to you or other road users. Fixing the obviously dangerous faults should at least be done first.

Ed said:
I say this because common sense would suggest that a car in a clearly dangerous condition should not be put on the road as some of the faults you mentioned are clearly hazadous to you or other road users. Fixing the obviously dangerous faults should at least be done first.

such as???

mount was welded up in scotty land.. as mentioned when buying the car!
but would still need to be sorted completely. ie not bodged :p

3. sills nead replating
4. front end crash ( front pasanger chasis leg bent, grill in pieces, front bumper benmt, crash panel creased, headlight pushed back, bonnet creased)
1. wishbone cracked (knew about this)
9. n/s wheel bearing on its way out
15) innefective handbrake

3. sills nead replating. not dangerous (no sharp objects etc!!)
4. front end crash ( front pasanger chasis leg bent, grill in pieces, front bumper benmt, crash panel creased, headlight pushed back, bonnet creased) again not dangerous as was straighhtened before leaving scotland all lights work etc
1. wishbone cracked (knew about this) was welded up in scotland as posted in last thread
9. n/s wheel bearing on its way out (again not dangerous as it is on its way out( i bet loads of peoples are) its somehing i noticed. as in it has around a month month 1/2 left. (starting to wear)
15) innefective handbrake (not correct mount of clicks as in alll k10 "self adjustors)

Back