mot questions

mot is soon, want the car to go straight threw like last year

anyway, couple of months back i changed my sidelight bulbs but they wouldnt come out of the holder easily i put abit of pressure on them but i broke the little holder type thing they sit in :( will they actually check to make sure they are fastened in properly or not bother once they see they are working fine because they work fine and never fall out....

also my dash dial lights dont work, this is a fail isnt?

as to your bulb holders nah they wont check that as that would involve stripping and checking, your mot is a visual check, as long as ur sidelight bulbs work ull b fine, as to ur dash lights its a requirement under the instrument panel and hazard/warning lights so ull probably fail on that.

Daz :alien:

it takes a couple of mins to change the dashboard lights... go to a scrappy and grab a hand full of them :D

its not the bulbs that are broken, because every so often, some times if i limit the car in 3rd gear, they actually work i think its just a fault somewhere but i havent a clue about electrics or where to start

Dash lights -- if you havent checked the plugs on the back of the speedo cluster its worth a shot. Theres three of them, just make sure they are all plugged in properly (seeing as vibration seems to be causing a temporary fix)...also worth checking to make sure none of the tracks are broken...if its not dash related your gonna have to investigate further down.

Back