Misty Windows

Hi all, I hope this is the right place.
My husband bought me a 1.3 LX for christmas, the thing is that I've noticed that the windows stay misted up. I have to keep the air con on high to keep them clear, as soon as I turn them off the car almost instantly mists up again. It's too cold to have the windows open and if I have the air con on cool or anything lower than high heat full blast they don't clear properly and I have to use a cloth which just leaves smudges. Is there anything that I can do or can be done for it? Thanks for any replies :grinning:

Sound like the inside is very damp, check the carpets, mats, seats and where the spare wheel is for water. The best way to solve this during winter is to run a cable from home to a small electic heater inside the car and put that on full blast with the windows down about an inch and leave it to heat up for a few hours. We have this problem when a car goes to the valeters and get wet vac'd!

Make sure the air recirculate is off. Sliding lever at the bottom of the heater control.
It will probably help if you keep the window open a bit. Wear a hat!
The damp, cold weather doesn't help.

Thanks very much guys, we're pretty sure there's no damp because there's no smell or anything, but I'll get hubby to check tomorrow anyway. And I'll check the recirculate thingy then aswell, thanks again :)

Sounds like a normal car to me :) when you say 'air con on high' and 'turn them off' do you mean the heater or actual air conditioning? You'll find most cars will mist up easily in winter when it is wet unless you have the fan on the screen on max on max heat etc.

Its amazing the amount of cars ive been passenger in where the driver (e.g. soon to be mother in law) likes to struggle with a cloth constantly wiping the screen cos they dont realise there fan is on the 0 setting. :suspect:

And people say air con is only useful in summer :D

Yeah it is the fans I'm on about, sorry. And that only works on the highest setting, it clears when it's on the hottest but if I turn it down to anything lower it doesn't seem to do anything and that's when the trusty cloth comes out.

recirculate slider ---- push to the right for outside fresh air and blast it high at first then the mist clears of the wind screen--then you can turn it down
also the side vents can be directed to the side windows that should blow them dri am sure all the k11 are the same--as above helps a lot

I already have the side vents pointed at the windows so thanks for that, and I will do the slider tomorrow and see how it goes when I drive it.
Thanks very much for all the help :D

if your heater fans only work on fan setting number 4 you need to change/fix your resistor.... its under the glove box.

Back