mirror help!

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
brought some thin jap spec mirrors off paul_k10_lx when i got the foha kit and was wondering what would be the best way to spray them??

A) Mask up the mirror glass and spray it.

B) Take out the mirror glass and then spray it.

if B, does anyone know how to remove the mirror glass, if this is possible??

Mask over the glass and spray. Its a pain to get out, and a pain to get back in!

Mask over the glass and spray. Its a pain to get out, and a pain to get back in!

if you choose this method make sure the mirror glass is in the position you will have it in when its mounted on the car. otherwise you will be able to tell where it was because of the dull edge (overspray).

pesonally i would remove the glass just to get a better finish

You'l get a good finish with the glass on. Thats how mine have been sprayed twice now. Didnt get any overspray problems either. The problem with putting the glass back in is it takes force, and by doing that you could damage the newley sprayed paint, making the respray pointless!

You cant just push it in either, the glass needs a serious wack.

im going to stick with arnold on this one people!! It seems so much easier and id probably mess them up if i did manage to get the mirror out. paul masked them when he sprayed them silver and they turned out good!

thanks anyway for all your help people!!

do wot i said with the string mate a bit of paper masked around the glass and you wont have a dull bit if you use light coats and move the glass inbetween coats keeps goin till no dull edges ;)

Back