Mint A plate K10 on ebay

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
check this out!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-1983-BLUE-35-540-miles-IMMACULATE_W0QQitemZ140108008997
5943_1.JPG

5fef_1.JPG

i'd love this must be one of the best early k10's still in existance.

That boot shape looks different to the usual datsun boot? No tits on the back, but no indent either.. I've never seen one like that before! Great example of an old K10.

That boot shape looks different to the usual datsun boot? No tits on the back, but no indent either.. I've never seen one like that before! Great example of an old K10.

Yeah just noticed now u said. It's the second handle under the numberplate. Yours has one, but the Datsun shouldn't!! o_O What do u mean by no indent tho?

Yeah just noticed now u said. It's the second handle under the numberplate. Yours has one, but the Datsun shouldn't!! o_O What do u mean by no indent tho?

It has the smoothness of a post facelift boot, where the number plate sits. On your old datsun, you can see it goes inwards and the plate sits in there.

DSCF0016.jpg

probs a mongrel...

original boot probably damaged so replaced the boot but used original light bar/handle...

me thinks anywho...

was the winner from in here?

please step forward and identify yourself....lol.....i want to know who's been buying kinky knickers and K10 micras...

(good combination!!)

i dont remember Ems tbh, just noticed nissan and got my hmm cogs in motion!

as a side note, when did they change from datsun to nissan?

Well Datsun was discontinued in 1983 as far as I am aware...and Nissan was being used since 1982...so there was a change over period and during the change over, especially in europe, the cars were called things like "Nissan-Datsun Bluebird".

Out of interest they were originally called DAT, this was taken from the initials of the people that initiated the brand DAT Kenjiro Den, Rokuro Aoyama, Meitaro Takeuchi, and they were buliding trucks, the reason they chose to put the initials in the order of D A T is because 'dat' in japanese means 'Hare', which I guess depicts a feeling of speed and agility. In 1931 DAT started building cars which they called 'Datson', literally meaning 'Son of DAT',because cars are clearly smaller than trucks...but, the word 'Son' (損) in Japanese means 'Loss', so 2 years later (in 1933) they changed 'son' to 'sun' making it Datsun. Like I say they changed Datsun to Nissan...I dunno why exactly they did this, but I know Datsun ran into money problems so I think they probably changed their name to try and make a fresh start or summat. The name Nissan has been around since 1928 though. It was a name used on the tokyo stock exchange and was basically there to shorten the stock name of Nippon Sangyo.

Well Datsun was discontinued in 1983 as far as I am aware...and Nissan was being used since 1982...so there was a change over period and during the change over, especially in europe, the cars were called things like "Nissan-Datsun Bluebird".

true, the change over lasted a few years to get people used to the different name. interesting about the boot, could be that meen micra is correct

well what ever lucky sod won the bid, they better look after it!! I was outbid by £30 :(:(:( I really wanted that micra, I guess that will teach me to count my chickens before they hatch huh? or in this case my electronic auctions before they end lol

mine is the same as this with tits does that mean its a datsun even if it says nissan????????????:blush: :k10: :blush:

I just loved the condition it was in, it looked mint, that engine bay photo blew me away, I've never seen a bay so tidy on a micra that old. it would have made a awesome collectors classic car, or also a awesome base car for a project to mod, I wish I won it! :love:

Back