Micratech garage (picture updates)

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hi everyone!
It has been a while since i last posted here.
Things have stood still in the garage for a while, but things are slowly starting to pick up again.

Here is a new picture of "the black" after it`s update.

New mods are:
- Alu grillmesh changed to black grillmesh.
- Alu mesh in rear diffusor removed.
- Crystal style (black) headlights added.
- All silver vinylstickers removed.
- Changed from 16" OZ Hydra to 13"x6" ATS Cup alloys (yet to be restaured and painted).
- European version Super S seats installed to match original interior color.

Attachments

• 46524.jpg
    46524.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 36

mik

» CMF Member
yay, its been a while micratech :) i remeber the car, back then it was green right? but didn't you have a wald kit installed?

cheers

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hey Mik, long time yeah! :)
The green Super S is still in my garage, but has yet to get back on the road after a looong brake. This is the black Micra S that is pictured..

The green Micra with the Wald kit installed was the Micra of a friend of mine in the Micra community here on the site called bizardo. He changed it for a grey K12 later on after a crash with the green Micra.

I will post a few updated pictures of the green Super S later on. And maybe a few of the red K11 body i have in the garage to once progress is made.

I have had to prioritize other personal business than spending time in the garage for a long while now im afraid, but I am slowly getting things back on track..

Cheers back at ya mate

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Well..number 4 Micra is now in the garage!
Wanted to get my hands on this turbokonverted Micra SRI for years.

The car, intercooler and radiator is badly damaged, but engine and gearbox, turbo, intercooler piping, Turbosmart blowoff valve, sideskirts, rollcage, tower bars, exhaust, 5ft injector, SRI hatch wing, 4point harnesses, Sparco stearingwheel etc etc is some of the parts coming off the car and going on to different project cars in the garage or being added to the rest of the spare parts in the garage for safe keeping.

Attachments

• 48700.jpg
    48700.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 30

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Well, im swaping the turboed CG13DE engine from the Apple Green Micra into the enginebay of the Black Micra. Bits and pieces from the Apple Green Micra are being pulled out of the engine bay. This setup has worked for years apparently. I have never untill now seen how it was built up, and it has puzzeled me for years..

The turbo is fitted to a custom flange made to fit the original manifold where the fist katalysator used to be, nothing special. When it comes to the fueling side. There is used a pressureswitch that controls a coldstartinjector fitted right above the trottlebody in the intercooler piping. Thaught this would damage airflowmeter?

Here is a picture of the aditional fueling system..

Attachments

• 48790.jpg
    48790.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 30

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Yeah Frank, I would say so..VERY basic..lol ;)

Just shows how simple a turboconversion of the CG10DE and CG13DE can be done. I will post a pic of the turbo adapterplate for the original manifold later on tonight!

mik

» CMF Member
What type of Turbo was fitted? Looks like a GT20? or something like that. How much did this setup produce?

And who needs ac anyway? :D

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
It is a Mitsubishi TFO35-1 a version of this turbo is normaly found in the 1999-2006 Mitsubishi Pajero with the 4M40 turbodiesel engine. I don`t know about the powerfigures though, but it was a quick little pocket rocket. I have only seen the dynosheet from the time when the boost was adjusted waaay down for tax reasons after the turboconversion. Yeah man, AC is for nancys! XD

EDIT/
Sorry about the tip of my DC Shoes slipper showing..

Attachments

• 48828.jpg
    48828.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
Back