Micra stereo

Took old radio out fitted new cd player, bought the Leeds needed from halfords but can't get a live ignition wire. Had it working but 1 st connection only worked with lights off, 2nd connection blew side light and dash light fuse.where can I find a live connection without been connected to lights tried cig lighter but that was no1 connection. Thanks

Mate, do what we all (most) of us has done, is to cut off the nissan connector completely and theow it as far as you can over a house... just to see your reflex actions, and get some crimp clips, solder or botch it with black electrical tape and wire it to the stereo using ISO din plugs, Oh and take that plug you bought from Halfrauds and throw it in there faces... it work better this way!!

J

Speak for yourself...

Mine has the iso from halfords it was all plug and play, no need to sort any wiring other than earthing through the aerial

Same ( i think :p)

Bought it fron halfords took the old one out, bought an adapter cable plugged it all back and away i went !

loool, if it worked for you guys, thats a result, ive heard alot of sh-t about how people bought these plug adaptor conversions and ignition wires starts melting etc!!, as an ex-car electrician i had to fix tons of this when at BMW, customers bitchin about halfrauds and connectors going up in smoke...lol, ill just stick to old school and use crimps........

J

loool, if it worked for you guys, thats a result, ive heard alot of sh-t about how people bought these plug adaptor conversions and ignition wires starts melting etc!!, as an ex-car electrician i had to fix tons of this when at BMW, customers bitchin about halfrauds and connectors going up in smoke...lol, ill just stick to old school and use crimps........

J

Hahahahahaha I'm calling your bluff

I particularly used the Halfords adaptor as the shop manager suggested my new radio warranty would be voided if I cut the cables. Nice.

J
When I worked at Halfords I sold/fitted ****loads of iso connectors and never had a complaint or return (unless the customer selected their own cos then it would invariably be the wrong one!) Of course auto electricians are gonna bitch, anything that means potential customers can do the job themselves is gonna piss them right off! :p

Back