Micra pinking :(

CMF_panda

» CMF Member
hey, been a while since i last posted, anyways. my micra (2002 1.0 GX UK model) has been running badly, its been bad on fuel and has very little performance compared to our old 1993 1.0L model. I have tried lots of things to try and fix this, i removed the gauze from the throttlebody and it made it a little better. I am quite concerned now as at idle, the rev counter moves up and down as if its hunting for air. My dad says he can hear the car pinking (firing before its supposed to) and that it could possibly be timed wrongly. I was wondering, with it having a timing chain, can it be adjusted, also maybe its a tensioner gone? any advice or suggestions would be great,
thanks,

panda.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
there is no distributor on the 2002 k11. so it cant be that. tb were revised so it shouldnt be that. could be best to let nissan plug it into there diagnostic computer. costs about £17.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
^^Yeh

Sounds like some crapped out sensors.

Possibly a crank or cam angle sensor giving bad timing readouts? Or even an O2 sensor in the intake or exhaust giving it the wrong fuel maps...(even then i suppose the ecu should be running limp mode - giving sh!tloads of fuel so it DOESN'T knock/ping while you try and limp it home and to the nissan dealer.

Back