MICRA Launch vehicles seen at Sunderland factory!

HI,

I thought someone here might be interested in pics of the new Micras for the UK dealer launch which are sitting in the Distribution Centre at Nissan Sunderland!

2ns17q9.jpg

f8426b02.jpg

mbqpnn.jpg

fcsfhw.jpg

(Y)

2cxua7p.jpg

Oops - some sporty Nissan and Infiniti cars crept into this picture:
P1000179r.jpg

:p

Erm, they look different to the model released here in Thailand. Here we get a mini spoiler above the back window with the brake light housed in it. Look:

14320102248mmch004.jpg

Personally I think the Thai released version looks better...

maybe its just a higher up model... either that or you'll have to start selling them to people over here... ££££

No, it's not a higher up model, I guess it's just for a "less mature" market. All models here have the mini spoiler... I guess Thai's like them!

They gave me a booklet at the Yokohama center about the new March, with all optional parts listed, and the spoiler is clearly an option :

Attachments

• IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 827
Bonus stage : maybe it could interest some people .

Attachments

• IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 453
  • IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 441
I'm still not sure I like it. Might have to testdrive one before I give my final thoughts. But still the front I don't know.

woot , saw my first k13 on the roads of UK today, stopped in tesco to admire it,

General thoughts:

fronts much nicer then pictures!!
cool chrome mirror covers?
is that a spoiler?

Have to say it looked nice, interior looked great too, liking the dash, but overall it feels very micra'y in its presence

Well it would have to be done well for me to love it still trying to love the K12's sorry guys some of you just ain't cutting it lol
can you say suicide doors? that is what a 5 door is for! (Y)

Well personally, the from grill is much nicer in person, but also the car is bigger (i think) then how you see it in pictures, its got quite a different presence to it, my friend hates it, but its much nicer then k12 i believe.

Shame i didnt get to hear it fired up :/ still none at my local dealers, keeping an eye out though!!

K12 was 3719 mmm long, new K13 is 3780mm long.

I still cant find out the date of the UK launch.
I rang a dealer and asked but they havent rung back with the answer yet. Maybe tomorrow.

The dealer never returned my calls asking when the Micra was being launched.
Maybe it's a low-key affair like the Pixo launch :fwn:

Launch events took place in India this week :blush:

I'm guessing the UK launch comes soon. :down:

K13 Micra launch is "officially" January 2011
although I found one on display at a dealer's showroom today! (Humberside area)

29qm81s.jpg

:laugh:

Ooh, i think i see chrome on the mirror? I'm certain there are a very select few driving around in humberside area! And not review models either.

There are chrome accessories, there is a configurator on Nissan's website now which shows all the accessories to (quite pricey for what they are!)

I got sent a card to test drive the k 13 from WLMG. I says its out 6 th January 2011 + it measures parking spaces to tell you if you can fit lol.

Originally it was supposed to be November launch for the new MICRA, then it got put back to December, now the dealers who can be bothered to do launches seem to be having them in January, mainly on the evening of 6th January.

(Dealer near me says they've sold a few Micras, but have no idea when they'll arrive.)

I think the "parking system" (sensors and slot measurement :blush:) are standard only on the top of the range TEKNA models.

http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/events/1126/new-micra-has-arrived

http://www.wellingtonmotorgroup.co.uk/about/events

Spotted my 1st K13 today in Silver. Im still unsure of the back end but its better in person. Overall size is probs about the same as a K12. Didnt get a look of the front as it turned off (30secs from the Nissan Dealer so probs heading there)

YUK!!!

Played with one yesterday. Not as bad as in pic's but still looks like something from the Early Learning Center! No finesse to the outside, the rear lights (esp 3rd brake light) look like they've been stuck on as an after thought, the front doesn't gel... Some of the interior features were nice, but no way are we going to trade up to one of these!

Loved our K11's and K12, but this sucks!!!

I must confess, after having K10, K11 and K12 ( my favourite), i think that the K13 looks sort of dated?... Its not stopping me from buying one but it would have been nicer to get something a bit more edgy like the Juke styling, loved my Juke too just didnt like the MPG.

I must confess, after having K10, K11 and K12 ( my favourite), i think that the K13 looks sort of dated?... Its not stopping me from buying one but it would have been nicer to get something a bit more edgy like the Juke styling, loved my Juke too just didnt like the MPG.
Personally, I liked the K13 when I drove it in Copenhagen. I'd have loved to have a test of the DIG-S, I might actually give my local dealer a call and ask for a test drive!

I do agree the styling could have been a bit more edgy, but it's been designed for so many markets it's tough to please them all (no 3 door version, why???).

James.

Presumably they are gearing it towards elderly people??? or am I going to get a slap for saying that.... I was ver surprised there was no 3 dr option... Might have improved the look a wee bit.....

I was looking for chrome door handles for mine for when it comes but i cant find them... can only see wing mirror caps... might bling it up a wee bit although it has to be said I do think Nissan missed a trick here with their styling. god only knows why as they have some cracking designs as I say in the Juke and The Qashqai.... Like the pixo, reckon it'll appeal more to oldies....

exit stage left..... Fee xxxx

I was going to say to appeal more to older people but I tried to avoid it :p

At the launch event Nissan didn't even explain why there wasn't a 3 door, all they said were that they had "no plans".

Have you tried calling Nissan about chrome door handles? I don't have an up to date copy of the parts catalogue so I can't look up K13 parts unfortunately!

James.

I'm also a member of the Qashqai and Juke Forums and I have checked all parts catalogues as supplied by our discount partners and Nope, there arent any handles... I have checked out fleabay but there are some there but unsure if they are suitable....

I might get a chrome bumper protector as I have a tendency to shop too much and the result is the bags sometimes burst and I have scraped previous bumpers trying to lug massive bags into the boot....

Oh joy....!!!,

I might get a chrome bumper protector as I have a tendency to shop too much and the result is the bags sometimes burst and I have scraped previous bumpers trying to lug massive bags into the boot....

Oh joy....!!!,
Simpler solution would be to shop less ;)

Back