Micra K12 Wheels and Tyres - Experiences from yourself?

Micra came with steelies from factory and according to the information i have was meant to have a full size spare. Car has a space saver wheel which is bald and probably costs as much as a normal sized wheel and tyre.

Where would i be able to source genuine steelies for the car?

Ideally i would like genuine steelies that are wider to fit slightly wider tyres. This is due to motorway driving to see family and to provide more stability in the cross winds on the motorway as well.

I know thinner tyres are better in winter weather especially snow however my city is the capital of potholes and the thinner steelies and tyres can only take so much battering.

Any advice or experiences of your own would be greatly appreciated!

Thank in advance

PMK12

You might find some 14s at a scrapyard that would fit.
The 15s are not as popular with the steel wheels on k12s.
A Renault clio and Megan of about same age might have something that fits alloy or steel.
They could sport a wider diameter.
Can get aftermarket ones on ebay but those ain't cheap.
Things to look for are center bore it's 60.1.
Most of the Renault clio megan ones would fit.
I have a 15inch one with no tyre on but have not seen any others at reasonable prices. That was what I was gonna put on I think the 5 door later facelifts had those?
I also think something from a dacia might fit if you can find one without alloys..

The space saver is pretty pathetic and the tyre is pretty slick 🤔.
I was going with the idea of ditching it altogether and just replace with a tyre sealant and pump.
Not sure if this is a thing but most cars now have that instead..

You might find some 14s at a scrapyard that would fit.
The 15s are not as popular with the steel wheels on k12s.
A Renault clio and Megan of about same age might have something that fits alloy or steel.
They could sport a wider diameter.
Can get aftermarket ones on ebay but those ain't cheap.
Things to look for are center bore it's 60.1.
Most of the Renault clio megan ones would fit.
I have a 15inch one with no tyre on but have not seen any others at reasonable prices. That was what I was gonna put on I think the 5 door later facelifts had those?
I also think something from a dacia might fit if you can find one without alloys..

The space saver is pretty pathetic and the tyre is pretty slick 🤔.
I was going with the idea of ditching it altogether and just replace with a tyre sealant and pump.
Not sure if this is a thing but most cars now have that instead..
It should not have a space saver according to information i have found. I need to remember to check if the "normal" steelies would fit in the spare wheel well.

I had thought about nissan note alloys but like you said finding anything second hand at decent prices atm is pretty shocking. Car values jumped up when lockdown hit for some reason and the wheels on Gumtree etc are hilariously over priced given the state of most of them lol. Not to mention a set of alloys when it came with steel wheels would increase insurance..

From what i have found they mostly came with 14s sadly.

I used to just buy a slightly wider tyre 215 instead of 205 for the fronts on my 190vvti (pre face lift GTS Celica) and wanted to do the same with this Micra but realistically the wheels would need to be wider too. Should rename my city to pot hole capital...

Micra came with steelies from factory and according to the information i have was meant to have a full size spare. Car has a space saver wheel which is bald and probably costs as much as a normal sized wheel and tyre.

Where would i be able to source genuine steelies for the car?

Ideally i would like genuine steelies that are wider to fit slightly wider tyres. This is due to motorway driving to see family and to provide more stability in the cross winds on the motorway as well.

I know thinner tyres are better in winter weather especially snow however my city is the capital of potholes and the thinner steelies and tyres can only take so much battering.

Any advice or experiences of your own would be greatly appreciated!

Thank in advance

PMK12

With the UKs Third World standard pot hole infested unmaintained roads, standard size steel wheels are more rugged less prone to damage & fit in the spare wheel recess, unlike over size alloys/ tyres.

Steady as you go is quicker & cheaper in this case. ;)

Last edited:
Back